SAU Community

Parts Substitute Questions

Nic_A31

Need a part for your Cefiro/Laurel/Something else, and can't find it on the other sticky thread?

Please ask HERE and not in the other thread, and your question shall be answered.

Cred's to Dan_J for the idea :)

ASK AWAY!!

Edited by Nic_A31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good idea guys:D

ok i ask the first question...

i got a a31 cefiro...if i wanna get a r32 gtr brake mater cylinder, clutch master/slave cylinder and cluchpedals in there will it just fit or does it need some modification?

i got a cheap offer from a guy which is breaking his gtr,...i saw somewhere gtst will fit straight but i'm not sure about gtr?

• 2 weeks later...

lol damn, was some misinformation d1nz!!!

got the stuff from the gtr now but clutchslave won't fit rb20 gearbox, clutchmaster is too big and won't fit in the stock-clutch holes, gotta drill some new holes or just a stock cefiro clutchmaster...

clutchpedals fits surprised straight on, but the pedal is too near to the brakepedal what makes it stupid, gotta bend the pedal a bit out of the way from the brake.

on my A31 the driver sits on right side, don't know maybe there's a difference that the stuff i got didn't fit...

gtst stuff will fit, gtr has a clutch booster and it may be the pull type not push for the slave which is what u need. gts4/gtr clutch slave has different mounting holes so u cant use it.

gtr brake master will bolt on other then the extra oil port for the abs, you can get it working on non abs somehow.

lutchpedals fits surprised straight on, but the pedal is too near to the brakepedal what makes it stupid, gotta bend the pedal a bit out of the way from the brake.

are you using the auto brake pedal? if so DONT use it the way it is, u cud remove it and grind it down.

Edited by Dan_J

lol spended 100 for the clutch master/slave and can't use it,...but who gives a shit? now i know if for the next time:D

btw i already cut the brakepedal and grinded it,...the problem is the gtr got a booster which needs space so nissan bend the clutchpedal to the right to let it sit near the brakepedal as usual...cefiro got no booster so all is a bit more together, fixed it easy, hit the pedal with the hammer to get the bend off now its straight and clutching is fun:D

Looks like my aircon compressor is on the way out.

I'm guessing standard R32 GTS unit, but are there any alternatives? I have an S13 CA18DET A/C compressor in the shed, will that fit?

Standard RB20 item mate. The SR ones are different. Could maybe make it fit with some modifying / creating your own bracket to mount it, and then make up new lines, but for $50-$100 + Freight (at most), why bother ?

Quiet old units now, it might be worth hitting up Nissan, or see what's available aftermarket (Bosch, maybe??) - newer is better.

just make up your mountings...i sold my sr20det redtop air con. to a friend and he put it on his rb25det, without problems,,, just need to make up new fittings;)

Edited by o0o

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys had a look through the other thread, couldn't find it. Are there any substitutes for steering column surround? Laurel? After the part that's just behind wheel, not the part that goes around lock. Cheers

There's 2 surrounds, total 4 pieces.

One surround is fixed to the collumn (section with the key barrel) the other section moves inwards and outwards with the telescopic adjustment (fixed to the section with the wiper/headlight stalks)

Interchangeable with C33 Laurel.

I've got those left over from my halfcut in brown, I'll try find them and dye them black if you want them, PM me if interested.

hi guys,... found some damn cheap r33 gtst tein rear coilovers...will they fit my ceffy?

if not, would they fit if i get some other topmounts on these?

anybody ever tried this?^^

Standard RB20 item mate. The SR ones are different. Could maybe make it fit with some modifying / creating your own bracket to mount it, and then make up new lines, but for $50-$100 + Freight (at most), why bother ?

Quiet old units now, it might be worth hitting up Nissan, or see what's available aftermarket (Bosch, maybe??) - newer is better.

Will an RB25 or 26 compressor fit? Might be worth getting one from a newer car that supports R134a natively. (Hychill is illegal in the UK, sadly)

Yeah they'll fit but other models might have different fittings for the lines on the actual compressor itself.

If buying try to get a pic of the fittings, and if they fittings appear different, as for the fitting / entire line as well if possible.