SAU Community

Parts Substitute Questions

Nic_A31

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J31 maxima rear drums are a slight upgrade if you wanna clear 15's, thats if the j31 calipers bolt on( haven't got round to confirming /sourcing the brakes) and will need to redrill to 4 stud as they are 5

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that are stripping the car down & removing all the lines that run into the cabin, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent and 50 cent pieces fit snugly into the rubber grommets in the firewall.

• 2 months later...

The buckles should be sweet.

R32/R33 front seats can be swapped in and their original buckles used, so I can't imagine the rears are different.

The actual assembly/box thing that retracts the belts might be a different shape/fit though.

so i know its in the parts thread. but not exactly what im after.

my rack is leakin in the laurel..

it was originally hicas. ive since put in a non hicas cradle and removed the lines yadda yadda.

i plan to replace the rack when i remove the engine and would like to put a non hicas rack in if possible.

can i use a non hicas s13 rack or will the lines not fit up??

Im about to put a s13 hicas rack in my cef, will let you guys know, from what i can see they look very similar, so i would assume the non hicas a31 v's s13 would be similar also.

FYI i have no hicas, you can just plug up the hicas ports on the rack.

I've grabbed pics of the non hicas A31 and S13 ps racks iff you guys wanted to give them a look. There's 2 of each, Ceffy are the top ones.

11gtvl5.png

357q7v4.png

S13

2edp15i.png

ekg47t.png

Looks like if you have the top Cef rack either S13 rack should line up pretty easily, the other ceff rack(duet-ss?) is completely different.