SAU Community

Parts Substitute Questions

Nic_A31

My old ceffy had hicas and i went through alot of trouble with front steering racks. I tried an s13 hicas rack and a s13 normal rack. In both cases the rack bolted up the same but the lines were totally different. In the end i ended up getting my old rack rebuilt

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old ceffy had hicas and i went through alot of trouble with front steering racks. I tried an s13 hicas rack and a s13 normal rack. In both cases the rack bolted up the same but the lines were totally different. In the end i ended up getting my old rack rebuilt

Rip out the hicas, then you can use a non-hicas S13 rack.

I think I've asked before but the answer was vague, I need a definite working solution for handbrake cables. I have a manual centre console and mounted handbrake in my laurel, I need to know what legs (front section of cables that split to 2 off the handbrake lever) and rear cables to use on my laurel. Has s14 rear hubs. Seeming as finding original ones are rare as rocking horse shit. Dunno why I threw away my old 4 stud hubs when I was cleaning my old place to rent -__-'

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is a dumb question, but just making sure. do the facelift cefiro front guards fit a pre facelift cefiro without any modifications? A31? cheers

• 2 weeks later...

looking at your build its a track only car......make em out of RHS/SHS a bit of 40x40 fits in the chassis rail to bolt on for the rear just need to get a shorter bolt for the fuel tank straps

• 3 weeks later...

ok got another question. I got a a31 rb20e auto but want to get a lsd because i keep on three wheeling and gets pretty annoying. could i use any other LSD diffs from a different car mine one is a 3x2 bolt pattern

are you sure its isn't just a loose r200 (lsd) and not a r180 ( open wheeler).

with my old lsd you could turn the direction of the shafts apart by hand.

skyline and silvia diffs will fit pending abs, backing cover swaps and front diff mount bushes for the s14/r33 and up models

Edited by Dan_J

its defentaly a open wheeler! dont want to do the cheap way and just weld the deiff up. but a good excuse to upgrade the diff to an lsd. its a non abs model. i heard that s13 and r32 diff bolts straight into a cefiro ? pretty sure the r32 can, but not quiet sure about the s13 diffs