SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

Try finding that in Sydney :34_rolling_eyes:

Garage 88 is good, but the owner there can be a total cnut - but that aside you can tell them exactly what you want dialled in.

Alternatively you can go to JAX Liverpool, Kieran (ex G88 OG wheel alignment guy) works there and will do track alignments if you book.

Another place that is ok is BT Motorsports aka Bridgestone Select in Smithfield. John the owner used to compete in Targa Tasmania and will get one of his workers to dial in the suspension for track/street, etc. however there's 1x young fella that is hopeless, make sure you get the 40 ish year old guy with tatt sleeves on each arm to do it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update - 

Apparently the engine is back from the machine shop and will begin assembly soon i believe... :thumbsup:

Whilst the car has been off the track i have had the time to do a lot of maintenance which has been much needed!

Front Pads and new rotor rings.

New steering rack bushes

Front wheel bearings

Front Kingpin bearings (Front right was shot causing tyre failures)

New clutch slave and braided line

Clutch freshened up

MCA Red suspension serviced and modified

New injectors and fuel pumps (Just changing for safety)

New Hankook Z221 rubber on all 4 corners

Fresh Motul oils in gearbox and diff

This list will keep getting longer but it makes sense to get it all done while i have it apart as we plan on doing more track days than ever over the next few years! We will be doing as many events as we can afford!

Ill take some pics and update when i get time!

• Like 3

On 2/17/2018 at 12:51 PM, iruvyouskyrine said:

Everything sounding good! Preventative maintenance always feels better than band aiding at the track!

Yep, most of it is stuff i should have done a long time ago!

14 hours ago, NEO25T said:

Any details of the specs of the new motor?

Coming soon with the pics mate!

14 hours ago, timmy_89 said:

billet block RB20

It does have billet bits in it! :221_see_no_evil::222_hear_no_evil::223_speak_no_evil:

3 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:
14 hours ago, timmy_89 said:
billet block RB20

If anyone was dumb enough to do that it would be me ?

:laugh:

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 7:17 PM, timmy_89 said:

Heard this thing was still a nugget

You heard correctly! ?

16 hours ago, ComTruise said:

Hey mate, fantastic thread the car is unreal. I have a question though, what sort of over fenders on the rear are those? sorry if this is in the thread cause I didnt find it.

Top Stage +50mm GTT fenders. You can contact Freddy through his website or Facebook page and he will sort you out! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 34GeeTeeTee said:

You heard correctly! ?

Top Stage +50mm GTT fenders. You can contact Freddy through his website or Facebook page and he will sort you out! 

Cheers man! I assume these will allow for the GTR sideskirts and rear bumper to line up? or am I mistaken?

On 10/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, ComTruise said:

Cheers man! I assume these will allow for the GTR sideskirts and rear bumper to line up? or am I mistaken?

Yeah i retained the GTT rear bumper but everything should line up! Check with Freddy to be safe though!

• 3 years later...

4 years since last post update? I think it is due for one... Lol

There will be a tonne of stuff I have missed but I'll just chuck on what comes to mind for now.

Most of the stuff we do in both cars will be posted on the WOOTTEN RACING Facebook page which is run by my wife, I no longer have social media or Insta etc hence why I've been slack with updates. I'll try to keep this thread alive as well as its a good documentary on how the 34 went from near stock to what it is today.

image.thumb.jpeg.c53622fb07d16539c02b171ca28c0215.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6f1477bf6860f954e8fab61b83f88584.jpeg

Toyota 86 update -

Going strong, swapped back to budget Chinese 240TW street tyres and the car has never been so much fun. Tyres are due for a change after 300 plus laps of Wakefield plus a couple of days at the local hillclimb track. Gearbox is a bit crunchy at times but fresh oil sorts that out, for 120 odd kw it is a killer little combo and punches well above its weight - Credit to Jake the previous owner for the suspension work, a few tweaks to stiffen the rear and it was mint! Since we purchased the car we really only added a Roll Cage and spare set of rims with most other mods being minor items. Brakes were upgraded to DBA5000 rotors after basically splitting one in half and now work mint thanks to Matt @ Race Brakes in Sydney for the help and support!

The 86 will remain an NA budget training tool with all funds going to the 34, its a great platform and can do most things well enough in its current form so I'll just enjoy it. The 86 can fill the void and do wet days or smaller circuits where the 34 isn't ideal.

Last run at Wakefield (RIP) was doing 1.10s on the street rubber which was good fun - 

R34GTT update -

After a complete fk around with our local Hardy Spicer dealer and nearly 2 years without a tailshaft we have finally dealt with a decent company and got the issues resolved (Massive thanks to Gibsons Driveshaft Services - If you need a tailshaft tell em I sent ya). The original Alpha Omega shaft I purchased became an issue with clearance once I put the entire GKTECH catalogue in the rear of the car and raised the subframe trying to fix the rear suspension issues, to overcome the issue I had to get a smaller diameter shaft made which works well.

image.thumb.jpeg.72f0ad6d6a196784ea987eeb6eec0a28.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.367aabf2d963fc0d2bec1752ce1481f0.jpeg

So rear suspension is now mostly pillowball GKTECH items with the driftworks proper hicas delete arms added as well. Coilovers remain the MCA reds which work perfectly now! Previously I had stock lower arms with hardrace arms and a mix of rubber and urethane joints. DNA Autosport got the alignment duties and I have been more than impressed by their professional and passionate approach to the car and the knowledge they possess.

image.thumb.jpeg.b09c02055a70242b16e0b648ec352096.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.48f2d859e403967231891a418c53851f.jpeg

Turbo has been another saga with EFR number 3 effectively on the car now, the original 8374 had bearing noise from what they think was oil starvation and I can only assume that was pre-engine build with the old tired RB25. As the EFRs couldn't be repaired at that time I purchased a new ally supercore from GCG and ran it up after fitment and found it tighter than normal and not spooling down, discussed with GCG and was told it would all be fine so ran it at Wakefield for a couple of laps in 2019 and the cooler pipes were glowing. Took the turbo along with the old one back to GCG and showed the comparison and after a full tear down the turbo was returned to me with "No fault found" however it spun freely and the issue is resolved (Something not quite right there but either way it was fixed). I then attempted to fit a Turbosmart pressure reg to the turbo feed line to regulate oil pressure but found it was rubbish and inconsistent, went back to the old restrictor "pill" style method and so far so good! Also had Hi Spool turbos rebuild and refresh the old EFR (Which I was told couldn't be done by others) and he added the T51r mod to the front housing so the car has the right sounds now!

image.thumb.jpeg.ed7cd9dd35f2c5365e93dbdd90a9091e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c64d9e51ea42c1f0661b105254bd0a8d.jpeg

After the turbo issues Jez run the car up on the dyno to check everything was OK and it made the same power and curve as previous which was a good start. Due to sitting for so long I put in new Bosch 1650cc injectors and filter elements and a fresh batch of E85 and the car ran up around the 400kw at 20psi mark which was always the target for the build.

image.thumb.jpeg.50233f6541042557bc33697be5652bf3.jpeg

Fab work and hot side was the other major issue I had due to shitty fabrication and the shitshow that followed with failure after failure which ended up causing me to get the shits and quit motorsport for a while. It is amazing how a bad experience can make you want to set the car on fire! Luckily buying the Go Kart and then the Toyota 86 got the bug back and then I put the effort in to get the 34 sorted. We are also lucky there are still some half decent people in the Motor Industry to help along the way.

DVS Tuning - Jez has always been supportive and since he has been looking after the tuning its been amazing!

Race Brakes Sydney - Matt is always really helpful and has the parts for any car! 

Gibsons Driveshaft Services - Chris and team really went out of their way to help get me on track

DNA Autosport - Andre and team were amazing with the way they handled the alignment duties

Pro Car Mechanical - Martin helped me with both the Go Kart and the Toyota 86. Also knows RBs well!

There are others that have also helped along the way like Ash at Streamline Automotive, Ryan at K Racing

image.thumb.jpeg.7d815e4a4f75b01aa73d4bf9ff8d3481.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.422b51dc42465003dccdf38892932e90.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b3e566f669afaed1f5d8d3308b33cf0.jpeg

What's next?

The 34 needs a few tweaks to the catch can setup and also the diff breather setup but apart from needing new rubber soon it will be good to go on track again as soon as I get a chance. We may give Pheasant Wood a crack before we worry about SMSP as I'd really like to dial out any Gremlins before having a decent crack. The ultimate goal is to get it reliable enough to be able to chuck on the trailer and take to multiple day events anywhere around Australia as I'd really like to get back to Winton, want to try Phillip Island and hopefully also get to The Bend in SA at some point! Morgan Park and QR are also on the radar once I get it sorted!

The 86 needs new rubber as well as consistent launches at the last hillclimb test day killed the rear tyres so I'll chuck another set of Zeknova tyres at it and keep thrashing! Next stop for the 86 will likely be Luddenham. The 86 can do most smaller tracks and events and also goes alright in the wet so it can fill in the gaps.

Both cars will be used for a variety of events, with Wakefield Park being temporarily closed I will use this time to do other events like Hillclimbs and sprints but the main focus will be circuit work.

Keep an eye on our Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Woottenracing/

Also keep an eye on our YouTube page as I will be uploading incar content along the way.

Now that I reset my password and have SAU Access again I will also update here occasionally! 😁

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, acsplit said:

Welcome back,

Man that turbo saga sounds like a nightmare.

86 is not a bad toy either to get some seat time!

The 86 has been amazing for seat time and will only improve the driving in the 34.

The hillclimb run in the 34 was fun the other day but really keen to get it up to speed on track and see how it goes, It always struggled with rotation due to the way the rear end was setup but I think I may be on top of it now.

Gotta speak to Racepace again about the catch can setup and how to improve as its still a PITA

Hoping Wakefield opens up again soon as it was my benchmark for times and improvements with the PB of 62.4 in a last session and no decent laps back at the track since! Keen to get back and improve as it had plenty left - 

9 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Keen to hear feedback on the rear end setup. My 34 should be on the road shortly so mods will begin for me.

Should only be a few weeks and I'll get it to a track and will upload a video and thoughts etc!

3 minutes ago, timmy_89 said:

Good to see you out there enjoying the cars mate, hope all is well outside cars too.

Keen to see what time you do at SMSP.

Thanks Mate! All good here and hope the same with you!

I think the previous PB was a mid 1.39 at SMSP but we should be able to make a decent improvement on that with some seat time and now the car is better setup. Keen to get back there once I iron out a few reliability things.. RB Lyfe!