SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Nice work Matt. Just finished reading all 104 pages of this thread! .. and yes that certainly was me who spun out in front of you at SMSP (South) almost a year ago now. Can't believe how much you've put into this car!

Decided to read up on what you did as my 33 is off the road for now and after spending half my weekend just ripping stuff out of of the engine bay I stood back to look at the sorry thing and thought... "time for an upgrade!" Wish I had just a fraction of the time you must have put into the build. I can't wait to get started but it's going to be a long road though everything you've detailed here will save me a hell of a lot of time.

Looking forward to seeing the 34 on the track again sometime.. hopefully not in the too distant future.

Wow mate, must be a lot of dribble through those pages so you did well to get through it all :laugh:

If you need any help with anything just send me a PM or a FB message and ill be more then happy to help... I am still learning as i go but couldnt have got to where i am without the help from the great bunch of guys through SAU and trackdays etc...

I might add a few update pics today if time permits, its certainly nothing like it was in the past... And we are on a countdown until testing, i estimate around 4-6 weeks...

Some of the following pics or posts may be repeats as its been a while since i have dont any updates....

First up, oil pressure issues...

Solution, new ASR Race Series sump along with Moroso Accusump setup.

Old vs new -

5_zpsg3jckay3.jpg

New sump fitted up, all mechanical work done by DVS JEZ -

2_zpss2zhku45.jpg

4_zpslonmylgs.jpg

3_zpsmxxjpyne.jpg

1_zpsakezpwjg.jpg

Accusump fitted in the boot -

Accusump_zpsryckmkhs.jpg

• Like 1

Also when i was removing the aircon i found a damaged braided line, this was due to rubbing on the heatshield which i was very dissapointed with, had i not found this by accident it could have been quite bad -

11121054_1411921995804400_1189255701_n_z

Replaced with -

11655273_1411930202470246_745027598_n_zp

• Like 1

One of my biggest complaints was the exhaust note, we removed the cat and it sounded bad, we then removed the centre muffler and it sounded like ass! So in the hope to recover the nice RB note the car is now fitted with a HKS dragger, i have heard these can be restrictive and due to that i have run the 3.5in system which looks to step down after the rear muffler, it should flow the same as the old one but it sounds real nice, deep yet quiet at idle again -

IMG_2686_zpstamh2n1d.jpg

IMG_2687_zps0xwqjoz3.jpg

IMG_2688_zps2h4qfvhq.jpg

IMG_2691_zpsqfinrnz9.jpg

• Like 1

The wiring loom in the car was an absolute joke... This has now been removed -

IMG_2590_zpszm0kzxf7.jpg

IMG_2630_zpsogna0bby.jpg

Amazing how much weight is in wiring looms! This is just one small section -

2%202_zpsrh9lvqgi.jpg

• Like 2

Bodywork is not something i enjoy, unfortunately i have had to endure many hours of it in preparation of what is coming... Removing sound deadening was easy enough, but once you start removing small studs and glue marks, glue joins etc the time adds up -

IMG_2642_zpst3vigysj.jpg

IMG_2629_zpscwx4stsy.jpg

IMG_2633_zpsuet4ttnf.jpg

• Like 1

The cooler piping needed some tweaking to fit between the front bar and undertray supports, was only a minor change... Also finally repaired the BOV pipe after 2 years of cable tie modifications, i reckon they had another few years in them but JEZ decided to do it properly lol -

IMG_2574_zpsj0aytpxi.jpg

IMG_2573_zps6ngq4vd6.jpg

11655430_1411881242475142_1651006499_n_z

• Like 1

The little fiddly jobs took a lot of time, getting the wing level, making the lip line up with the bar, fitting canards etc -

IMG_2450_zpsnggfvqip.jpg

Lol Gaz in fine form checking its level -

IMG_2452_zpsiuabrwcv.jpg

• Like 1

"I am NOT aiming for big horsepower or a time attack machine, i am just aiming for an all rounder that is OK on the track and the street too...

Cheers

Matt "

From post one. Makes me Lul every time! Keep em coming man, this car is great!

• Like 2

"I am NOT aiming for big horsepower or a time attack machine, i am just aiming for an all rounder that is OK on the track and the street too...

Cheers

Matt "

From post one. Makes me Lul every time! Keep em coming man, this car is great!

Times have changed a lot since i started the build :) I couldnt justify the street use as it was too easy to get into strife, once the track days started i realised that was where the car could be enjoyed most and instead of paying $1000 per year in rego i could just add that to the track day funds :yes:

Plenty more updates coming as time permits!

Guages were something i looked into, but it made sense to get a Haltech dash instead... I was aiming to get a logger setup but a display dash came up at a price i couldnt argue with brand new in the box. Carmen and i spent ages sanding the panel down to fit, the paint on the panel was temporary and i used it to line up the dash etc while the paint was tacky, it will be sanded back and sprayed later once complete -

11737977_10153031117077081_6737892183693

11748642_872530709490515_1121093627_n_zp

11749676_872530732823846_2076688988_n_zp

11694396_872530746157178_1949666855_n_zp

11749831_872530772823842_1162292033_n_zp

You will also notice the dash is no longer from the GTT, i sourced a GT dash to delete the triple gauge setup i had as i will no longer require it. I will add a switch panel to this later and post pics once its done -

11774284_872530769490509_1043244953_n_zp

• Like 1

Fab work for the front end was also done by JEZ and his team, it took quite a lot of thinking and measuring to make this all work but the end result was amazing! You can see here the custom oil cooler, intercooler and headlight bracket -

Bracket_zpscyzkco1n.jpg

Once fitted we decided the front bar needed more supports so we got his fab guy to extend the bracket outwards -

Front%20Reo_zps3jufqdkg.jpg

• Like 2

Making everything clear was fun -

11653340_1411951619134771_1095098631_n_z

(You can see the accusump line in the pic above)

The custom undertray extension was made too, this stays fixed to the car when the front end is removed -

11270139_1414327222230544_91766185_n_zps

• Like 1