SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

When it was ready to come home for final prep prior to the panel shop we found the trailer no longer suited the car, so took to it with an angle grinder... Keen eyes will notice the front bar and spare wheel on the trailer are now missing to get the thing to fit on... We will re-assess the trailer situation once its all complete!

ImageDisplay2%202_zps51qffn6y.jpg

ImageDisplay1_zpsim1gezhp.jpg

ImageDisplay%202_zpsedvkzery.jpg

• Like 1

This brings us up to date with the current progress, things are all happening VERY fast now and the car is taking shape... In the next few weeks you will likely see images of the finished product, after those the car will be re-wired, suspension modified and aligned and then its time to test...

Unloading is not so fun anymore -

ImageDisplay4%202_zpsqefdv6t9.jpg

ImageDisplay5%202_zpspb3wvhv5.jpg

Thanks to Brians Race Ramps it wasnt too painful...

• Like 1

The car is now underway -

11755237_389579074578985_511605816879891

11223898_390192691184290_556477352224918

You can keep an eye on FB for updates on Vacy Smash Repairs FB page, give them a like and you will be the first to see...

• Like 1

The front end looks F-ing amazing. Can't wait to see this thing.

Have those brakes been in your updates yet?

Pretty happy with it!

Ummm i thought they had, hence why i didnt post anything... Ill look back now!

Edit - There is an image here of them fitted - http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/358438-34geeteetee-daily-track-project/page-102

But no official update on them.

• Like 1

The front end looks F-ing amazing. Can't wait to see this thing.

Have those brakes been in your updates yet?

Had a look and realised most of the photos from the Brakes, bodywork, underbody etc are not on this PC... But here are a couple of the brake setup from my old phone...

So the kit is the Alcon 365mm Motorsport kit from Brakes Direct, not to be confused with the street spec kits they advertise, the calliper and pads are completely different -

IMG_2314_zpswjbwrvff.jpg

IMG_2442_zpswksl1del.jpg

IMG_2421_zpslsv8dyze.jpg

Ditched the old backing plates to make them fit, will run a brake ducting setup later -

IMG_2424_zpstovl9fed.jpg

Rotor size comparison -

IMG_2421_zpslsv8dyze.jpg

And the finished product all fitted and bled -

11065909_821195521283706_456016235622054

The newer pics will be put on FB, but ill keep this build thread for the technical aspects and DIY images etc...

Any questions, advice or just general discussion can be kept here too! If it benefits other members then its a bonus!

My god - this beast looks amazing!!

Well done mate.

Thanks mate, really looking forward to the next few weeks as the car evolves!

Mocking up panels was one thing, but seeing them being moulded to the car and taking shape is SO much better!

11752614_392287624308130_320227999871079

• Like 2

Man good job in that interior there. Ill have to do that at some point and im not looking forward to it.

The amount of hours grinding away body glue and crap is amazing, i spent ages on it!

Its going to look good once done, i guess nobody will appreciate the man hours involved until they attempt it themselves, i know i didnt lol

• Like 1

HMM call me sherlock.

What colour you painting it?

Just the original white...

Call me Mr Original... lol

I plan on keeping the whole car looking plain as a GTT/R should look.

I will be keeping stickers/logos to a minimum, however the companies that have supported me so far will also have a say in this.

Just the original white...

Call me Mr Original... lol

I plan on keeping the whole car looking plain as a GTT/R should look.

I will be keeping stickers/logos to a minimum, however the companies that have supported me so far will also have a say in this.

Apart from the roll cage..... And all the body work.... :nyaanyaa:

Since it's full stripped you should put the GTR driveline in it... Just sayin.

I just had my dad remove the sound deadning out of mine as a little project. I think it took about 18hrs spread across 3 days of -5c. Not looking forward to rubbing it back. Yours looks way nicer inside and will look mint with a fresh coat of paint!!

Apart from the roll cage..... And all the body work.... :nyaanyaa:

Since it's full stripped you should put the GTR driveline in it... Just sayin.

I would have just built a GTR if i wanted that, i wanted RWD and something a little different...

I love driving the rwd GTT but also always preferred the GTR look... So figured why not have both!

I just had my dad remove the sound deadning out of mine as a little project. I think it took about 18hrs spread across 3 days of -5c. Not looking forward to rubbing it back. Yours looks way nicer inside and will look mint with a fresh coat of paint!!

It is not a nice job!

I found the glue was the worst part, i guess as they know it will be covered in carpet etc that they just dont car what it looks like but they managed to get it everywhere and it is really stubborn when you try to remove it! I went through quite a few wire wheels...