SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, 34GeeTeeTee said:

Slap another one in and keep thrashing i hope! Trying to keep the engine cost down so i can do as many events as possible!

L.E.G.E.N.D!

I love my lil R32 but after about 15 years of enjoying it the car started to fall apart around the engine. Stress cracks in cradles, flogged bearings, bushings and cvs...lol the challenge for me is to get the thing back on the track and in another 15 years time again have to rebuild the car due to doing too many events! :)

• 2 months later...

Finally time to start updating this thread again now that ill be making some changes to the car...

Up until now i have just been thrashing and having fun and ironing out issues and finally seem to be heading in the right direction with the car setup!

It still understeers like a pig but i will be sorting the car balance over the next few rounds with some changes to spring rates and bars, will hopefully finally get on top of that!

Its finally time to change the almighty 6Boost, Tial and HTA combo to something a bit bigger, its been something i have wanted to do for quite a while.

The 6Boost manifold ended up with a crack below the collector which has now been welded and repaired, i have been chasing a leak for a while and it was in a spot that i couldnt see while fitted to the car, when i removed the turbo and manifold i located a crack in the welds of the collector so had it repaired by Fabtech this week. Kyle from 6Boost offered to assist with the repair however i didn't have the time to wait as i have 3 track days over the next 6 weeks.

To get the changes done i will be placing some stuff up for sale, ill do a for sale thread when i could be bothered but ill be selling - 

R34 GTT Carbon boot lid sourced from Just Jap - Brand New - Never used

Works XT7 rims powdercoated in satin black in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 - Excellent condition (pics in this build thread of them on the car)

6Boost Manifold / Tial 44mm MV-R gate / Forced Performance HTA 3076 / Dump pipe and screamer (plumb back optional) and intake piping - good for 525whp 

Whiteline front swaybar end links KLC 108 - Brand new in pack (Ended up with 2 sets)

Standard GTT brake calipers, pads and lines front and rear with 2 sets of front rotors (DBA4000 and Endless) - rear rotors cracked and are no good.

If anyone knows someone that may be interested let me know as the faster i sell this stuff the faster i can do upgrades on the race car :devil:

I am sure there is a heap of other stuff in the shed i could offload and ill spend some time over the coming weeks getting them out and taking pics etc... 

Here is some footage from Round 1 of the NSW Super Sprints, the car was pretty ordinary to drive with the understeer as you can see - 

Our next track days are - 

14th May - Round 2 NSW Super Sprints - Wakefield Park 

4th June - Aus Time Attack - Wakefield Park

18 June - Round 3 NSW Super Sprints - SMSP North Circuit

We will have plenty more track days throughout the year and will continually chip away at the performance side of things... 

Ill try make more of an effort to update this thread with the new build progress and results as well as Facebook.

• Like 4

On 12/05/2017 at 3:58 PM, choyda said:

Anything big on the horizon?  Almost at 10 years of ownership in September :12_slight_smile:

I was actually going to ask you when it was as i forgot lol... So long ago now!

A fresh new turbo setup will be its birthday present and should be significant :banana:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Turbo HTA was rebuilt by Precision Turbochargers in Wetherill Park back to new condition. They did it incredibly quick and pricing was decent too.

The bearing had collapsed taking out the seal but as it was shut down quickly no contact of any kind was made by the wheels or housings which meant it was a simple overhaul and back to new :D

It performs that way too as we just ran 50 laps at Wakefield Park for Aus Time Attack and just scraped in a PB of 63.4sec with plenty left in it...

We have another round to go this weekend at SMSP North Circuit and then the turbo kit is going up for sale. It will be sadly missed as its been so much fun but i need something a bit more track oriented now the car is a dedicated circuit car... Ill post some details of what is up for sale below and then do a proper add in the for sale section soon...

The new manifold has been started and pics will start coming through soon... Its exciting times just like 2011 all over again... Except without the " I am NOT aiming for big horsepower or a time attack machine, i am just aiming for an all rounder that is OK on the track and the street too..." comment that i still get shit about to this day :laugh:

Plenty of pics being posted on our Facebook and Instagram Pages, get over and give them a like to see what we are up too!

• Like 1

So the famous HTA turbo that caused quite a stir back in 2013 is finally up for sale, the original thread will all performance info and comparisons can be found here -

This turbo has just had a full overhaul and is now like brand new... I don't think these turbos are available anymore but if they were they are around the $2.5k-3k mark by the time you ship them in and pay the taxes etc... And as far as i was concerned when i first did the exercise they were worth every cent of it. The GTX just had nothing for this turbo in terms of response and all round drivability on the RB25 setup.

I am selling my whole combo as a package deal. It will save the buyer thousands in additional costs as it is basically a bolt on and thrash setup. The rebuild was quoted at $880 through GCG Turbochargers for new bearings and seals.

It will include -

Forced Performance HTA3076r with 0.82 rear housing. *As new - just rebuilt*

6Boost T3 single scroll high mount manifold

Tial 44mm MV-R External gate with 1 bar springs fitted

Speedflow fittings in turbo and braided oil and water lines setup for RB.

Custom intake pipe with silicon joiners and 4 inch pod filter

GFB Response BOV which has full plumb back option and is plumbed into intake pipe (Legal for street use)

Alloy elbow welded to front turbo housing with cooler piper and silicon joiners supplied.

Custom 3" dump pipe with plumb back or screamer capability, additional pipe supplied for either.

3" decat pipe in place of standard cat.

3" exhaust with Apexi Super Megaphone muffler (RARE) for street use AND 3.5 inch straight pipe for track use.

Most reading this thread will know this turbo has made a peak of 391kw on JEMs dyno at 28psi on a stock RB25NEO with supporting mods. It ran most of its life on low boost and on track majority of last year it sat on gate pressure as i was setting up the car so power was not required at that time.

This turbo setup is ideal for street or track, it just does everything well for what it is. It is one of the best sounding setups on full noise although it does lack the turbo whistle the old GT3076 had :/ See above video for what it currently sounds like, this was from the 4th June 2017. Car ran a 63 at Wakefield on low boost :D

The cost for the whole setup above is $3750.00 firm... Already have some interest just from mentioning the sale to a few mates so not splitting the setup or taking offers at this stage. Keep in mind the turbo has just had $680.00 spent on it with a reciept from 2 weeks ago. The 6Boost manifold also had a crack repaired under the collector, this was professionally repaired by Fabtech while the turbo was off getting rebuilt...

PM me through here for more details if required.

More pics can be taken if needed however here are a few off my phone -

16469.thumb.jpg.691f558602e4813a5d40a5d747c9840a.jpg16470.thumb.jpg.d6685c49da839b1053fc9721df636a80.jpg16479.thumb.jpg.d9f5149984816675080f48f8472d2b87.jpg16510.thumb.jpg.ebf5c5d211f94220476c73ab2be4009c.jpg16506.thumb.jpg.05ced71be92020c8bea7a30dd0b91327.jpg16503.thumb.jpg.01c0a61875b953d7041bf381e671593a.jpg

16480.jpg

14 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

That is an absolute bargain Matt I'm sure it won't be for sale long! I noticed you forgot to mention what turbo you are replacing this with

Cheers mate! Whoever buys it will have a LOT of fun... Its fast and responsive enough to get yourself into trouble :10_wink:

13 hours ago, B-rice said:

I'm interested to what he is replacing this with.

So am I :huh:

12 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Ls1?

Nope, i like women too much! :3_grin:

11 hours ago, ch12matt said:

Dont say that dirty word.

:8_laughing:

11 hours ago, admS15 said:

+Turbo

2 of the big ones :223_speak_no_evil:

Wild stab in the dark... EFR 8374. A 7670 would have been too much of a sideways step. It's the logical upgrade after the FP snail.

But, could be well off. A larger FP perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Wild stab in the dark... EFR 8374. A 7670 would have been too much of a sideways step. It's the logical upgrade after the FP snail.

But, could be well off. A larger FP perhaps?

Remind me not to stand near you in the dark anytime soon :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

On 15/06/2017 at 10:28 PM, dr phil said:

I second Piggaz guess - he is selling the manifold too, must be going T4 twin scroll!

Correct and correct!

Last run for the mighty HTA yesterday and it did not disappoint!

Going to miss it to be honest... Someone has a LOT of fun ahead of them...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Can i ask why you went the EFR turbo over say a Gen 2 GTX? Also also why you have gone an EFR over your current setup?

I researched as much as i could and the EFR seems like a good solution for a dedicated track car... The current setup was creating a lot of heat and was somewhat restrictive.I looked at changing to a V band rear housing and redoing the dump pipe etc but figured if i was going that far i might as well make everything fresh.

The turbo failure came at a good/bad time, bad because it failed and stuffed my day at the track BUT good so it didn't make me look like an ass if i sold it to someone used and it failed first time out for them... Its all shiny new now!

Gen 2 GTX look great... But being new i don't know anyone that has pushed them on track for extended periods, EFR on the other hand i know have...

I'm not saying this will be the right choice, i wont know until we run it... But so far it looks like a good one :)

• Like 3