SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

1 hour ago, timmy_89 said:

Yay updates. Wish I had some updates >.<

I thought Jim Berry was retiring back when I bought my clutch 4 years ago? Hahaha.....

Giving away any plans on the engine build? Should probably keep the stock bottom end and we can battle it out for fastest stock bottom end, Jim Berry clutched, R34 GTT with a sick kunt driving it :4_joy::4_joy:

Lol pull your finger out then!

He did retire, but still looks after existing clients and picks and chooses work to keep himself amused. I probably could have got a few more years out of the clutch but might as well make it fresh while its out.

Lol you can have that award all to yourself. The new engine will be far from stock... But look stock from a far ;)

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Solid centre, that's why you kept blowing boxes!

Lol there is always one that has to start this argument :laugh:

I actually broke 2 boxes with the sprung centre and the recent failure was due to a selector issue which destroyed 4th and 5th gears.

13 hours ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Did you test it before you pulled it? What was it at

Towards the end i was just doing cold comp tests to make sure it was even across the 6 cylinders... So not a proper indication!

It was still fairly even but was in the 90s on cold tests which was another 10psi down through the year... 

Got good news from Jim Berry last night... Clutch is in good nick!

The pads started at 8.05mm and after 4 years of abuse they are still only down to 7.95mm like new lol

The only damage on the clutch is from the incompetent idiot mechanic that dropped it at a certain workshop and then covered it up so i would never know, when i removed the box about a year later i was shocked! This is why i do most of my own mechanical these days! Hard to find reliable workshops!

I ground back the damage and cleaned it up and it still functional but one of the fingers was slightly bent so this has been repaired! I could get a whole new plate made but there is no need! Should be good for another few years at least!

So clean, machine and good to go again!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Ditto and a half!

I should rig up an alignment setup in the garage.

Actually alignments is one of the few things i do trust shops for as i get mine done at Road2Race Chassis Tuning in West Gosford.

Peter is a wealth of knowledge and extremely passionate when it comes to anything performance related!

He is very much like Jez in terms of advice, its no bull straight up honesty :D