SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Hey Guys,

I now have the car driving on the street, the tune is amazing (just as i suspected), it can be driven just like it was with the high flow before, its so smooth and quiet. Even with all of the solid suspension and Nismo diff its dead quiet (well apart from car parks)... I have already had 2 randoms comment on the look and sound of the car which is always a good thing knowing others appreciate the money, time and effort involved.

Ill have too get some pics of the wiring etc done by Adam, he has done an amazing job and has taken the time to follow my stealth theme all the way through, the car is better than i expected in most ways and i am so glad to be driving it again.

The HKS boost controller has an intermittant issue but will sort that out as soon as i can.

Here are a couple of random pics from the drive home -

post-47580-0-36953800-1341364997_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-15481300-1341365003_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-91485800-1341365007_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-84346300-1341365015_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-75377100-1341365019_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-98434900-1341365026_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-44917500-1341365037_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-90278100-1341365048_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-38842500-1341365063_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-19895100-1341365091_thumb.jpg

I am looking forward to enjoying the car for a while but this will be FAR from finished, i am looking forward to a few future mods and i am sure it will be back with the boys at JEM soon enough.

I strongly recommend JEM for any modifcations or tuning, the quality or work and service speaks for itself -

Just Engine Management PTY LTD

2/2 Noonan Road

Ingleburn NSW 2565

Sydney, Australia

P: (02) 9618 600

I will post more updates soon of the tidy up (plastic splashguards, when i fetch them from JEM), wheel caps and some interior gadgets, tyres and gauges are also on the list... Ill also get some vids of the car in action at Texi and Marulan but sadly no gate due to noise restrictions :(

Enjoy the update, more to come soon!

Cheers,

Mat

And just for those who missed it, get some of this into ya -

good to see its all done and working well. my only questionm why didnt you paint the bottom half of the intake plenum while the top half was off? would have looked mint?

other than that have fun :yes:

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Been a long time since my last update and the car has undergone further work, there has been teething problems with the parts i hadnt thought of during the build. The Tein coilovers completely collapsed in the left rear at the Texi day, this along with the BOV blowing clean off the pipe and me not making any boost was the result of a rather dissapointing day. Coilover solution -

6W9Fw.jpgfD86D.jpg

These BC BR Coilovers will go in this week, i used Street To Track to source them and they were good to deal with and the price was great!!!

Second victim of abuse was the clutch, we didnt think it would hold the power for too long but launching ended its life rather abruptly once the clutch slipped too 8000rpm and welded itself to the pressure plate, it was amusing at first but having to pull the box out on the weekend was a pain in the ass, after numerous LONG chats with Jim Berry at Race Clutch i have decided to go with a custom built clutch that should suit all styles of driving, Jim has been extremely helpful and has been educating me on How and Why they fail etc which i was really happy with!!!

lbDEX.jpgkP9rm.jpgn6ZZg.jpgRyy9E.jpg

You can see it got a little hot and decided to weld itself to the pressure plate, its toast!!!

The Third issue i am having is the ethanol sensor and the bad batch of fuel i had, JEM have been helpful with this so far (Must also say a big thanks to DVS JEZ for helping as well), i will update more on this topic once i know more, no point me guessing or blaming parts that i do not understand lol

More updates will follow over the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the joys of flex fuel aye.

Can't wait for new clutch pictures

Will be posting below!

great build thread!

just read through this whole thing haha.

Thanks Tim, makes it worth taking the time to do it! Sorry about the delay in reply... Plenty of new parts coming and plenty of updates once i get it happening..... :thumbsup:

A BIG thanks to Jim Berry for taking so much time to explain things in detail and to listen to my actual needs, this clutch looks awesome and i cant wait to try it! If you want the best service then give Jim a call!!

NbpQj.jpg

OBPnX.jpg

dNllc.jpg

W8fPJ.jpg

Giuja.jpg

cCQCP.jpg

The kit comes with everything needed including seals, bearings, aligning tool etc.... Its pretty damn impressive!

Next thing on the list is also a Venom 5"body cat too.... Had a chat to George and although there was no off the shelf item he was willing to make me one as they were planning to release them anyway! This should arrive in the next couple of weeks and i will take pics of it fitted! I am a little concerned about it being seen under the car but will post pics and results once it is on.

Once all this is done it will need to go back to its favourite place to see the boys at JEM! I think its having withdrawels haha :D

Next thing on the list is also a Venom 5"body cat too.... Had a chat to George and although there was no off the shelf item he was willing to make me one as they were planning to release them anyway! This should arrive in the next couple of weeks and i will take pics of it fitted! I am a little concerned about it being seen under the car but will post pics and results once it is on.

Once all this is done it will need to go back to its favourite place to see the boys at JEM! I think its having withdrawels haha :D

You be right no one notice the cat high temp paint it you will be sweet.

Just think of it has a super mini drop tank : )

So, did some work on the weekend but was cut short due to an epically sore back and lost rear main seal -

New tyres thanks to GTRsean -

to6Y5.jpg

More clutch pics, amazing quality from Jim Berry as expected -

MT3Iv.jpg

AF9dC.jpg

Better get rolling as these will be cutting it fine i think -

7xSXp.jpg

wU8uX.jpg

9WEdh.jpg

Fail!! Need to drop the coilover bolt again so i can roll these puppies :/

OiljT.jpg

nvHUC.jpg

And no laughing at the brakes, the DBA4000's are on back order at the moment and will arrive before the SAU Nationals

My little workshop :D

XbZiz.jpg

Really glad i powdercoated these Satin Black, the more i see them the more i like it!

IhpEI.jpg

I blanked off the atmo port on the BOV finally and Chookies Performance cable ties are still doing the job.... I WILL need to fix this properly but it is not a priority at the moment.

EmxjG.jpg

Pretty dirty at the moment, when i do the front coilovers i will be copying Kurtis and painting the strut bar satin black, gunna need to hit JEM up for another sticker in white this time :D

2f49u.jpg

Now onto the gearbox, it was covered in shit! There was bits of melted brass in the bellhousing from the clutch :O woops -

qUo5d.jpg

rfMaa.jpg

After a bit of a bath it looks better, still need to do the front gearbox seal, i also got the rear seal just to be safe as for the couple of $$ its worth doing -

8jqk9.jpg

You can see the crap coming out of it, ill clean it the best i can..... Dont want to put such a sexy clutch into a dirty box..... Actually on that note, i dont want to put ANYTHING in a dirty box :laugh:

4BZhJ.jpg

just going through some of the thread...

very nice car mate

hope it's all going well

Thanks James, just doing updates now! Its coming along nicely now...... REALLY hope i get a spot in the SAU Nats or its gunna suck :P

But apart from the few teething issues its been good, just want to get it back to Adam to get the E senser issue fixed and it should be awesome!

That's always good to hear,

so everything is basically sorted out then minus a couple of things?

when i get the chance i'll go through everything.

my car is in the middle of being built ( almost done )

its interesting to see other threads and custom things people do.

Yeah i finally THOUGHT i had finished my build but as you can see above, some things didnt go to plan :( The clutch was always going to be a limiting factor but i thought it would hold up for more than a couple of weeks, the coilovers were a bit of a surprise failure too which put a damper on things (pun intended :P)

Have you got a build thread on your beast? Who is doing it for you?

Like i said to a few others, i could have purchased a 400kw car for less than i have spent on the mods BUT mine is done my way and is a one of a kind :) I am happy with it even though its been a long painful road.