SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Hey guys,

Just a quick update... Diff has just returned from DIFFTRANS and i was more than happy with their work, they ripped apart the 2nd hand Nismo 2 way i bought and found it was setup with no backlash and had a few issues with the setup but in terms of condition it was pretty shmick!

DIFFTRANS rotated the housings and set it up as a 1.5way, carried out the proper setup and sealed it all up... Then painted it black and added some decent oil... I highly recommend their work if you are chasing any gearbox or diff work and want good genuine service, Aaron even ran through the process with parts he had laying around so i knew what had been done.

DIFFTRANS 02 4961 1000 located near Newcastle :thumbsup:

post-47580-0-05227500-1311053161_thumb.jpg

Next job is to tackle the braided HEL lines which is an easy enough job but i haven't decided which brake fluid to use, suggestions and suppliers? :huh:

Did the nismo diff have any markings on it? i dont know what diff mine is other than 2 way mechanical, if i could change it to 1.5 that would be awesome.

covers look good, should be close to start installing bits now then?

Have u got a pic of the diff centre? There is no marking on them but I researched a bit to buy mine so I knew what it was by looking at it... Which was good as the original owner had no idea what it was LOL

On another note, u good to take the rims in soon champ?

Yeah, bits going on REAL soon... Stay tuned...

rims no problem :)

i was lucky to get my diff in a housing 2nd hand. still dont know the brand but shes tight and 100% 2 way

How do you know its 100% 2 way? :ermm: One day when you get a chance you will have to take the diff out and have a look at the center, its a pretty quick and easy job to do. Then you can check the ramps and tell what it is... Also, most of the diffs although they have no markings have their own shape and design so they are normally easy to pick what brand you have...

As for the rims, ill get the tyres stripped off them and try get them to you soon :wave:

fk the black covers look neat as man, im gonna get chris to do mine when i get my cams installed cause theres no point in taking them out now. silly me didnt do it when i rebuilt my motor and car was off the road lol.

hurry up and finish ur car so we can cruise.

fk the black covers look neat as man, im gonna get chris to do mine when i get my cams installed cause theres no point in taking them out now. silly me didnt do it when i rebuilt my motor and car was off the road lol.

hurry up and finish ur car so we can cruise.

Yeah he has done a damn good job :thumbsup:

I'm working on it, its all about the cash... or lack of :glare:

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Been pretty busy and haven't had time to work on the car, or update the thread... Basically i have until the 6th to get the diff back in, suspension sorted and engine bay ready as it is heading off to Blacktrack Performance for some fab work, once the dump and front pipe, wastegate pipe, airbox, intake pipe etc etc are ready they will all head back down to Craved Coatings so Chris can HPC coat the exhaust side and Powdercoat the rest :thumbsup:

This is what the engine bay looks like as of last night -

post-47580-0-73020600-1314315986_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-29945700-1314316031_thumb.jpg

I did notice that the certain performance shop that fit the SARD injectors to my car had decided that finger tight on the fuel rail bolts was good enough, how my car didnt end up a fireball over the past 10-15000km with them fitted i don't know?? :glare:

I need to figure out the vacuum and fuel lines etc before i bolt the plenum down, and also need to purchase some black silicon hoses... The blue ones are brand new but since i started the build and decided to go satin black with everything :ph34r: i now realize that i will need to go to black hoses too...

Looks good Matt,

Couple of Q's for ya.

How did your little rubber bits on the cam covers hold up with the new bolts? Mine didn't like the original washers I use so I had to get new ones.

What do you need to work out with the vac and fuel lines? Might be able to help as I just went through all this with my plazmaman.

I'm the tiniest bit ahead of you so shoot me a pm if you need a hand working out lines etc

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, quick update... Car has now been delivered to Blacktrack for some fabwork... Once this is all done it should be good to go in terms of bolting on all the accessories such as oil cooler kit, manifolds etc etc...

Here it is in a sad looking state with no cooler, no pipework, homo spec rims and tyres etc - (Was a sad sight on the back of the truck lol) -

post-47580-0-59742400-1315374673_thumb.jpg

Good news is, with the interior bits dummy mounted it looks like it will all work... I am looking at getting an interior trim guru to continue the carper up to the parcel shelf etc as not only does it look pretty ordinary it also reflects the sun badly, anyone done anything similar in the past?? -

post-47580-0-68324500-1315374904_thumb.jpg

It'll be about 3 weeks before any real progress happens so ill update it all then :happy:

hey did Blacktrack give you the decal for your front windscreen....?

hmmm, I want one... looks cool....

they did my latest tune and also some fab work on my 33....

The cage looks like ti fits well, its all coming together...

I've got no suggestions for rear seat area, but I'll be doin the same thing soon, PM-R33 did similar and carpeted his quite neatly, he has a thread about it in cosmetics...

hey did Blacktrack give you the decal for your front windscreen....?

hmmm, I want one... looks cool....

they did my latest tune and also some fab work on my 33....

The cage looks like ti fits well, its all coming together...

I've got no suggestions for rear seat area, but I'll be doin the same thing soon, PM-R33 did similar and carpeted his quite neatly, he has a thread about it in cosmetics...

Yeah, they put that on there ages ago but it'll be coming off as the windscreen is cracked from Putty Rd >_< They have a new design one now, ill ask Justin if i can get one for you next time I'm over that way...

I'll try find the thread from PM-R33, thanks for the tip :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

The build has been pretty slow since the purchase of a house, however it has been on a hoist for the past 2 months getting worked on when the guys find time, the intercooler was mounted higher than originally planned to keep it out of harms way which meant the piping needed minor adjustment to fit -

post-47580-0-14057600-1319694231_thumb.jpg

The gate isn't very stealth, but i guess i can change it to black when the finances permit... All the coating will need to be done at some stage so i can do it then -

post-47580-0-21954500-1319694179_thumb.jpg

The rail and plenum look good in place, i am yet to get black fittings for the fuel rail but i can do them when i go to teflon lines, for now the whole aim is to get the car going for street use as i need a daily and it will make working on it easier once it is mobile -

post-47580-0-43503900-1319694424_thumb.jpg

I'll have more updates soon =)

Cheers

Mat

bringing the car to visit dave?

"The rail and plenum look good in place, i am yet to get black fittings for the fuel rail but i can do them when i go to teflon lines, for now the whole aim is to get the car going for street use as i need a daily and it will make working on it easier once it is mobile -"

'yes and no mat, but its looking good mate!

bringing the car to visit dave?

"The rail and plenum look good in place, i am yet to get black fittings for the fuel rail but i can do them when i go to teflon lines, for now the whole aim is to get the car going for street use as i need a daily and it will make working on it easier once it is mobile -"

'yes and no mat, but its looking good mate!

Awesome Dave, its still a while off until i drive mine again... However i am seriously considering selling the cage, Harnesses and Recaro to get the ECU and tune done :/

And Chris, i will need to speak to you about the coating etc... It looks like i will just get it mobile first as its been on their hoist for 6 weeks or so and i am sure they want it out of the shop (even though its been them taking the time to complete it)...

Main goal is to get the car running again and iron out any suspension and drivetrain as well as tune issues, if i have to sell the interior goodies to achieve it then so be it :(

Buying a house had to take priority unfortunately, but by NO means meant i was going to abandon the build, just may have to change direction and spread the build over time...

Yeh chris I'll bring it down soon, I wanna see what we can come up with re the strut brace anyway.

Hurry up matt so we can all go for a cruise......putty rd anyone? Then BBQ at mine, if we can drag chris away from the shop for a day :)

Yeh chris I'll bring it down soon, I wanna see what we can come up with re the strut brace anyway.

Hurry up matt so we can all go for a cruise......putty rd anyone? Then BBQ at mine, if we can drag chris away from the shop for a day :)

Yeah i miss cruising that's for sure... Which leans me more towards selling my interior gear and getting the job completed at least in street trim on low boost for now :thumbsup:

Putty road is awesome for a cruise, last run we did was down Old Pac, through Galston Gorge and up through Putty Rd, was an awesome run apart from the cracked windscreen and severe stone chippage >_<