SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

great result on that last dyno. Did you upgrade the injectors from the 1000ccs?

I have ID1000cc on my neo but they are at 80% duty cycle on 320 rwkw gt3076r 56t .63 housing which drops off to 16 psi at red line. I was thinking about going the hta3076r that you have and putting it at 22 psi, but seems like I would need to replace my injectors, although other people seem to get higher power readings with 1000cc so I guess it also depends on fuel pressure.

Edited by vkadam

great result on that last dyno. Did you upgrade the injectors from the 1000ccs?

I have ID1000cc on my neo but they are at 80% duty cycle on 320 rwkw gt3076r 56t .63 housing which drops off to 16 psi at red line. I was thinking about going the hta3076r that you have and putting it at 22 psi, but seems like I would need to replace my injectors, although other people seem to get higher power readings with 1000cc so I guess it also depends on fuel pressure.

You shouldn't need to go any bigger than 1000cc injectors mate, not for that power level... The whole issue I had with my car was caused by the injectors, not the style, not the size... Just the wrong part number supplied by accident...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. I used to want a set of them.

Then I started driving the Falcon. Tell you what, there is nothing else on this planet that can make you go from being in a perfect, happy mood to raging, baby-eating lunatic quite as fast as getting whacked on the head by the 15kg bonnet you trusted to be stable.

Nice. I used to want a set of them.

Then I started driving the Falcon. Tell you what, there is nothing else on this planet that can make you go from being in a perfect, happy mood to raging, baby-eating lunatic quite as fast as getting whacked on the head by the 15kg bonnet you trusted to be stable.

Lol well Deka tested them on the weekend and seems to be confident they will hold up ;)

I would of thought the bonnet opened enough already.. :/

More room is handy and also the bonnet stay is a pain in the ass when you are working around the turbo/airbox area!

360kw sounds slow in comparison and that is probly twice the power of my car. :(

Onya Mat. :thumbsup:

The difference between the two turbos given they are the same size is MASSIVE, the peak numbers show a difference but overall the car is a much better car, down low and in the mid range it feels nice and strong!

The difference between the two turbos given they are the same size is MASSIVE, the peak numbers show a difference but overall the car is a much better car, down low and in the mid range it feels nice and strong!

Ahh, how a dyno sheet only shows half the story. Area under the curve FTW!

Ahh, how a dyno sheet only shows half the story. Area under the curve FTW!

This is something i only understood once i drove it! I was hoping it would be the case and the difference in feel was worth every cent!

You only need to breath of the pedal and its making positive pressure now :yes:

What about "throttle lag"? You push your foot down and the setup INSTANTLY responds? Does it basically feel like an NA with a gate?

Yeah, i mean its not a standard response or anything crazy like that but where the GT you would push your foot and it would....... build...... build....... build and 4000rpm it went nuts...... This is more push your foot and get the push back in the seat then all hell brakes loose, it does feel like everything happens sooner and just so much nicer, from 3000rpm onwards things are really happening!

I havent had a lot of seat time in it yet but from initial driving it feels damn good, of course this is in higher gears where traction is possible, lower than 3rd is not so user friendly until i learn not to be a meathead and drive it properly lol

Will be interesting to see how it goes on the track soon!

Yeah, i mean its not a standard response or anything crazy like that but where the GT you would push your foot and it would....... build...... build....... build and 4000rpm it went nuts...... This is more push your foot and get the push back in the seat then all hell brakes loose, it does feel like everything happens sooner and just so much nicer, from 3000rpm onwards things are really happening!

Think he is talking about transient response, so like when the rpm are up above boost threshold (like 4000rpm +) how does it respond to throttle input? Like on gear shifts or stepping on the throttle how long does it take to get silly if you already have the rpm up?

This^^^

Need to see in person. :woot:

Well this year will be SMSP South Circuit, Ringwood Hillclimb and SAU Nats in SA at this stage!

Would love to have a crack at Wakie but time is an issue as we are short staffed at work so its hard to take a weekday off!

Think he is talking about transient response, so like when the rpm are up above boost threshold (like 4000rpm +) how does it respond to throttle input? Like on gear shifts or stepping on the throttle how long does it take to get silly if you already have the rpm up?

Oh, no delay there! I will do my best to get some footage to show how it responds! Best i can do for now ;)