SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

valid point, you have a fast car

mine's a croc of shit, so it will be challenging for me haha

Lol fast car, shit driver! Levels the playing field out a bit!

Love that Tunnel of Love at 53 secs. :woot:

Who are you trying to motivate Mat? Yourself? or the rest of us? ;)

Haha yeah that was a fun day! Plenty of horses to scare out there!

Was trying to get motivated to work on it on the weekend which i TRIED, but no go... injuries are preventing me from driving and working on it and its giving me the shits!

like a jet aircraft entering the track at 59sec.. mmm GT3037 goodness :P

Lol well you will soon have that sound everywhere you go! New HTA is sneaky sneaky, not a sound to be heard! I guess it takes away the surge slot myth as it certainly doesnt whistle even though its slotted!

This sounds fun!

Wish my diff wasn't single pegging

Otherwise I would be so down for this one

Lol well if you are single pegging you will fit right it with the commodore boys :rofl:

Never thrashed.. Never boosted.

Stock and perfect service history! Only driven to the shops!............................................................................. JEM is a shop right?

No updates lately as my car has found something it cant handle................................. Mud and grass................................ So much for an all rounder :P

IMG_6270_zpsb178fe48.jpg

IMG_6301_zps3735cc73.jpg

So it sat in the shed for a few weeks until this weekend when it was dry enough to come out for a run...

So we found out that United has put E85 tanks in at 2 locations close enough to home, this was AWESOME news.... But of course with my normal bad luck i went to fill up with the jungle juice and once again had no luck :(

IMG_6305_zpsb6e1a024.jpg

So i filled the tank and some Jerry cans, the tank had E70 E-Flex in it and was about 2/5th full.... So i fired up the car and waited for the ethanol sensor to go up above E70 but was shocked when it started going backwards... Not having a clue what just went into the tank i set about making the complaints and calls, United so far has been good about it and i am awaiting a call today to try get a refund for the unknown fuel -

IMG_6308_zps7ef71bed.jpg

You could smell it was pump fuel but no idea which type so obviously i was not happy.... The pump had only pumped 450L or something so i am assuming they have all been flex fuelled vehicles like mine or they would not be running anymore :/

Anyway, waiting for a call today and hopefully everything goes smoothly.... While watching the AFR's i did some milage in the car to burn off the unknown crap.... While cruising we stopped to take a few pics, the crap engine bay shots are off my phone, the others were done by by gorgeous girl Carmen...

IMG_6303_zps1205f609.jpg

IMG_6302_zps6738f5ef.jpg

PuttyRdStop1_zps6af7b629.jpg

PuttyRdStop3_zps75473f96.jpg

PuttyRdStop4_zpsc47048ad.jpg

After burning off the fuel we managed to get a tank of United E85 from the Cessnock servo and good news is, ITS E85 :woot: haha

After having a good thrash on Putty Rd we stopped to grab a quick sunset pic, love it!! (We tried Wollombi but the road was closed due to a bike accident resulting in death)

GTTSunset_zps1ec06935.jpg

When dropping in to do some groceries on the way home we also found a dark carpark for a pic....

The mark on the front bar is still from Texi from smacking a cone, the car was covered in dirt and crap as the detour from Wollombi was kms of dirt road, SEE it is built to do most things!!

DarkLight_zps337daa27.jpg

There is some video footage from the cruise through Putty Rd on E48 and low boost, was nothing exciting and mainly cruising.... Will attempt to edit it later once i have some time available!

Once we got some ethanol in the car and got some spirited driving happening i was SO much happier and the car was running perfect, unfortunately the go pro was dead at that stage :ph34r:

If you didn't have the e-sensor would you have noticed the ethanol content? IE running super rich behaviour/sooty?

If it was an E85 only tune i reckon it may have been a bad day! Assuming it run.... Being setup full flex made it so the car could run but it could have been E10 fuel, or 100 octane stuff, i have no idea.... I just got a call from United and they will have the answers on Wednesday, i must admit they have been pretty good to deal with in general, very pro-active which is a pleasant change for most large companies!

can listen to this car on gate all day long!

Haha i wish i could but there is a good chance ill get arrested :P Will be plenty more coming soon....

Drove it plumbed back all weekend and its amazing how silent the car is in general!

Thats not as fun though!

Was easier than working on it :P But yeah its good if you want to take it anywhere as you know its pretty legal in that format!