SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

TBH with the plastic cover, TB and pipe and hoses and wiring across the back you cant see the covers....I assume that was a big part of it, but they looked pretty bad!!

I'd say the biggest factor was costs. And the fact that they didn't want to build a car that could potentially compete with the GTR. The GTR was their flagship, the GTT was just the mid-range cheaper option.

• 3 weeks later...

i hope you got the type b valve springs for those cams (retainers are a good idea also) as a few people have spat out a shim when running standard springs which basically destroyed the head and pistons..

You are probably now freaking out but it was better to tell you for insurance sake if you plan on tracking the car a bit..

p.s. yay more money to spend tongue.gif

Well, after saying i was just going to slap them in, i had a change of heart... Springs and retainers are getting ordered now...

Jeebuz Matt isn't this this running yet! wink.gif

Looks good man, the black theme has worked really well IMO.

I still like my bling though smile.gif must be worth at least 11ty more killerwasps

And NO Dave, it isn't running yet, but will be soon my friend :P Just sent in the booking request to JEM so will wait and see how it goes....

So keep an eye out as TUNE SOON... After 2 years of waiting...

What ECU did you end up going with man, the Haltech?

Yeah mate, JEM work wonders with them so i'd be silly to choose another ECU to save a few $$$'s after spending SOOO much on the rest of the gear...

Got some good news today which has put me a step closer to getting the car back on the road...

How did you go with yours? Sort an ECU?

How did you go with yours? Sort an ECU?

Nahh not yet :( My tuner is off until the 21st now, so he has organized to get it in with my old tuner just down the road, so it will be going there on Thursday to see if they can figure it out :/

Edited by Hanaldo

You gonna bring it to sutton texi then Matt??? You know you want to :)

Mine just got all the bugs sorted so I'M BACK BABY!!!!!!!

Hahaha would love too man but got a LOT of work to do other than just tune..... Ill get stuck into it tho!!!

You heading to Sutton Rd? I was trying to get ready to attend at least ;)

Yeah Im going, Gave Aggro Dave the forms last night. Need to stretch the legs on the 33 a bit

Im running low on time but still trying.... Would only be spectating but would be good to give the car a run for the first time in a couple of years.... Will let you know how i go ;)

For those who are interested, the airbox was a Just Jap alloy box (thanks to Jean - Bronx) and it was fairly modified will lots of cutting etc... We used speed clips and cut slots into the box so the bolts actually had something to bolt into, the box is supplied with a nut and bolt setup, how the phuck you are meant to hold the nut inside the sealed box to do it up... i dont know LOL... but we came up with a different option that works a treat -

post-47580-0-41282600-1335824076_thumb.jpg post-47580-0-99159700-1335824091_thumb.jpg

So, got a big week ahead to get the car ready for the tune... Got a windscreen, battery, tyres, interior, throttle cable repair (Thanks to Hanaldo) and plenty more to get done....

Had Kouki_S14 do a photoshop of my rims on the car to match the Plazmaman cooler, looks heaps different to what i expected -

post-47580-0-32805600-1336434341_thumb.jpg

I am going to get some prep work done on them this week but dont think ill have time to get them coated before its due on the dyno so i am going to need to beg, borrow or steal some decent rims to get it done!

Looks awesome ^ :D

Thanks Man... Just gotta work out which way to go in terms of the coating, not sure if ill keep the rims which leads me towards just prep and paint them, BUT if i do keep them i would rather have them coated by Craved..... Decisions!!!

What is it with all these people and their powdercoating addictions?????

Baaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaa :)

Your just jealous because i still have bits left to coat!! :P

pretty good chop on the rims too, thats how i would see them coming out if they come to me

The rims are a bit rough, hence why i wasnt wanting to spoil your brilliant work by giving you sh*t to start with.... Still thinking of cleaning them up for now and selling them so i can find something wider for you to coat properly.... When the car is on the road i wanted to come say G'day and get your opinion on a few other bits and pieces ;)

Another quick update...

Due to wanting to coat the wheels ASAP and leaving myself no time i called a local mob "Imperial Blasting", i must say i was shocked when i told him i was in a hurry and he phoned me in an hour and said they were ready to go :woot:

They are going to a friend to coat tonight and will be ready tomorrow arvo, without knowing if i want to keep the rims i didnt want to spend much on them, turns out the whole ordeal has cost me next to nothing and only taking 24hrs to complete, the tyres were out of stock though so will be driving on hard tyres for a week or so :dry:

Windscreen is being replaced tomorrow morning at 9 am and then its the fun part of checking and fixing all the little bits and pieces over the weekend ready for its trip next week.

Gotta bleed the brakes on the tow car too or things could get messy :huh:

Stop dicking around and get it tuned allready!!!

Seriously though use the hard tyres on the dyno Matt. We did a run a couple of weeks ago with my new AD08 Yokies and lost 30kw :(

Even the tuner (yavuz) was suprised at how much of a difference the new rubber made.

Threw some crappy old rims and tyres on it and WHAMO..... Gained 30

Stop dicking around and get it tuned allready!!!

Seriously though use the hard tyres on the dyno Matt. We did a run a couple of weeks ago with my new AD08 Yokies and lost 30kw :(

Even the tuner (yavuz) was suprised at how much of a difference the new rubber made.

Threw some crappy old rims and tyres on it and WHAMO..... Gained 30

This is why I don't like roller dynos :glare: