SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds pretty menacing Matt!!

Yeah thanks mate! Have driven it a bit lately despite the bloody oil leak but it does sound pretty nuts on high boost :D

Hence why this is appropriate lol -

IMG_7711_zps50378dd0.jpg

So much love for this car and the blacked out look you've got

Yeah thanks... Been a bit quiet with updates lately as i've had the shits with it since i picked it up... I'll be happy once the oil leak is sorted and its back on the track!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been slack as usual and been too busy to get online... I figured i better chuck up some updates...

Oil leak - Sorted... JEM spent ages working on it for me on the day of the track day to make sure i made it on time, took all the covers off and washed it down then reassembled without the cam covers etc, took it on a long test drive and got it too leak again, it was the VCT cam seal leaking and it looks like excessive wear on the sealing surface itself possibly, anyway it was all cleaned and resealed and no more leaks so job done!

So track day... Not much luck once again but i guess still teething issues and one was my mistake! Buying that GKTECH fan was a big waste of time and money.... At idle the car will slowly creep up in temperature but once light cruising it sits right down low.... At high speed the car gets hot now and its possible the fan blades are actually restricting airflow instead of improving it... Either way its the only real change to the cooling system and apart from the radiator letting go its been bullet proof in the past.

In the pits with Mr Deka -

IMG_7777_zpsad7edcc3.jpg

After surviving 15mins on the track -

IMG_7775_zps1a49550e.jpg

The front tyres did not survive 15mins on the track and were shithouse after a few laps, doesnt help the outside edges are gone to start with though lol -

IMG_7774_zpsdbe73b70.jpg

I could have taken some pressure out but i wanted to get home as it had been a long day so i didnt bother... I went out for another outlap and that was the end of the day unfortunately -

So i got closer to home and thought ill give it some beans just for lulz.... Turns out Mr Haltech hit boost cut.... Never happened before so i just cruised home and put the car away....

I finally got around to checking the car and found the cable ties holding the boost lines together have melted :/ And this was the result -

IMG_7816_zpsc6dd1786.jpg

So no boost control!

I agree with you on the gktech going back standard when it arrives

Good stuff! Cant believe they can sell something that doesnt work... Most of their products seem really good and funnily enough most of the SR guys rave about the fans! Anyway, going back to standard either way and will hope that was the only issue.

My mate had one of those fans on his SR and he ended up having to sell it because his car wouldn't even hit running temperature on the dyno. Seems crazy they'd work so good on SR's but not RB's :S

Yeah i dont know, but it seems to be the general concensus with most people.... RB = No no and SR = Yes

OEM RB fans flow higher than SR fans to start with, but apparently not as much as the GKTech item either.

GKTech fan works just fine in my car - Mat knows this after we compared temps at Texi!

Put the stocker back in and see if that cures it on the track. Lets not rubbish it until we know there isn't another issue in the system.