SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Awesome can't wait for my new standard fan to arrive

Well we proved it was as simple as a fan change! I will still test it on a hotter day but i guess the fact it can now idle without cooking itself is a good sign :laugh:

Was a little dissapointing at SMSP yesterday in terms of missing most of session 1 and then having session 3 cancelled BUT 20 mins in session 2 the car ran perfectly thanks to the work by Adam and the guys at JEM, they tidied up some boost lines for me and fixed a few little issues then attended the track to check the data logs, was a great result and many thanks to the guys for their hard work!

Pics and vids etc to come when i get some time!

Good stuff, glad the car is running "reliably" now :)

Why was the third session cancelled and the first one half missed?

First one is because we still had the car on the hoist playing with stuff and just lost track of time....

Third one was due to some numpty losing it and dropping oil and that mixed with rain i guess was not the best idea!

Haha fair enough.

Yea oil + rain isn't great for traction :P

Nope, as soon as the rain came down it was greasy and slippery az... It was not exactly a track day after that, more a mix of ballet and powercruise mixed into one!

Matty!!

where did you get your airbox from OR who made it?

I think I'm getting bored of the stock air box, can't hear the hekktik flutterz brah lol

It was just a JJ alloy box which i modified to suit the 4inch piping etc...

Interesting you've had problems with the GKTech fan.. I have one on my engine and it seems to work really well. Never goes over 82deg unless its 40 outside and im sitting in peak hour traffic, even then the Haltech flicks on the A/C thermo fan at 85 and its back down below 80 in under a minute.. Is your radiator china?

Interesting you've had problems with the GKTech fan.. I have one on my engine and it seems to work really well. Never goes over 82deg unless its 40 outside and im sitting in peak hour traffic, even then the Haltech flicks on the A/C thermo fan at 85 and its back down below 80 in under a minute.. Is your radiator china?

Radiator is Racepace triple pass... Which is irrelevant as back to back testing shows the fan to be at fault... Before it was fine, while fan was on it got hot, when fan removed its fine again :laugh:

As mentioned, some updates on the car and track day....

I FINALLY got around to fitting the HEL braided brake lines, only took me a few years lol... The fronts did not seem right for the car at first but a few modifications and they now do the job just fine... (The pics are shit as it was 1am and i was over it haha)

IMG_7952_zps27461ed6.jpg

Rear line -

IMG_7953_zps3bf49354.jpg

Old junk -

IMG_7954_zpsf00940ac.jpg

Progress -

IMG_7955_zps71829e90.jpg

So by the time i got there the first session was already on track, once i had signed on and done by drivers brief i had 4 mins worth of track time so decided to go warm everything up so Adam could check the datalogs etc... I went out and did a warm up outlap and by the time i was on the second the session was over... The logs showed only 215km/h on the straight but everything was perfect in terms of boost control, AFR, Ethanol sensor etc etc.... So i checked the tyre pressures and the fronts were over by about 10psi lol

I was all pumped for the second session and planned to give it a good go, while talking to Adam from JEM i got the word that it was raining.... Walked out and it was pissing down :(

We had the car on gate pressure which is only 16psi and from memory about 320 or 330kw or around that mark anyway, i got the car fired up for the second session and out we went... It was just like the top gear winter olympics special where they drove on an ice skating rink, it was shithouse!!! I tried to get the tyres warm, tried to take smooth lines but it was just sliding all over the place, not from the power, just the all round lack of wet grip...

This is a lap in the wet, trying to take it slow and feed the power but it was just too spin happy -

So to make the most of it i stayed out for the full 20mins of the session, it wasn't overly exciting as it was slow and slippery BUT it was exciting to finish a full session without any hiccups at all. The car traveled over 500kms including the track time and was faultless!

Anyway, a dry line was starting to appear and i was pumped for session 3... but unfortunately it was a no go due to someone going off and dumping oil and crap on the track, by this stage there was plenty of lightning and rain and it was getting dark... Sucktacular!!!

About time haha. How did you find the difference? When I did mine I did fluid, lines, pads and rotors all in one hit so it was a big difference lol

Nah felt no different to be honest.... I think with the BMC stopper and setup i had the pedal feel was already pretty solid so the feel was no different!

I am sure it'll be better than it was in the long run :yes: