SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

This is just a quick phone video from the roof at SMSP... You can hear the car coming around the back corners before you can see it haha... It was pretty slippery so was taking it pretty slow!

That looks heaps fun Matt. Car sounds so sick on gate.

Yeah once i can get it on a dry track and turn the boost up it will be some fun ;)

You looking after the black beast? Hope its going well...

Yeah once i can get it on a dry track and turn the boost up it will be some fun ;)

You looking after the black beast? Hope its going well...

Would like to see this thing boosted up in the track. Haha.

Beast is going good. Doing some 'light' reading on the Forced Performance section :) Lets see.

Would like to see this thing boosted up in the track. Haha.

Beast is going good. Doing some 'light' reading on the Forced Performance section :) Lets see.

:woot: haha.... Good stuff!

Plenty of options around though, if you want to keep it stealth the HG turbos are getting good numbers or you can low mount a billet 3071 etc :D

:woot: haha.... Good stuff!

Plenty of options around though, if you want to keep it stealth the HG turbos are getting good numbers or you can low mount a billet 3071 etc :D

Yes indeedy! HG is what Im leaning towards. The car will be a weekender in a few weeks time, so thats when the fun starts. I will contact you and pick your brains more about this.. :)

Yes indeedy! HG is what Im leaning towards. The car will be a weekender in a few weeks time, so thats when the fun starts. I will contact you and pick your brains more about this.. :)

Anytime mate :) Just shoot me a PM if you need any info and ill do what i can to help!

This is a lap in the wet, trying to take it slow and feed the power but it was just too spin happy -

Love your idea of "feeding the power on". Just Stab that f**kin Loud Pedal! :laugh:

Good to see it's all working well and you're enjoying the Fruits.

Love your idea of "feeding the power on". Just Stab that f**kin Loud Pedal! :laugh:

Good to see it's all working well and you're enjoying the Fruits.

:laugh: It got like that after a while.... I tried short shifting gears and taking it easy but it was just too slippery so i just drove it Powercruise style after a few laps :P

Its a good feeling to have it running properly that is for sure.... You think a return to SAU Nats 2 years later with some success? ;)

Hahaha could gear it from the pit while you were going through 5 and 6

Lol it was only on gate pressure so not as loud as normal! :P

Car sounds awesome Matt, are you going to texi?

Thanks man! Might be coming down for the day but the car wont be... Ill be saving it for some bigger events :yes:

Hopefully I can join you for SAU Nats this year. Car is coming along strong Mat!

Hope so man! How is the new beast?

Here is some more of session 2... Also shows 5th gear is starting to suffer, i keep getting a gearbox full of neutrals when trying to shift hard :/

Here is some more of session 2... Also shows 5th gear is starting to suffer, i keep getting a gearbox full of neutrals when trying to shift hard :/

Nice vid. My 5th gear has been grinding in ever since I got it if I change into it at anything over 80km/h :(

Still hasn't passed compliance.

It's been at their workshop for 2 months now due to paper work delays.

Hopefully it will be ready this week.

Damn :( I want pics and stuff once its done!

Nice vid. My 5th gear has been grinding in ever since I got it if I change into it at anything over 80km/h :(

I had a chat to my Diff/Gearbox guy today and he said it needs a freshen up! 4th is tricky at times too! Apparently the synchro on 5th is really small and normally doesn't have issues as its gently shifted on highway speeds, but once you start tracking and smashing it into gear i guess it will start to hurt :( Also, need to extend by diff and gearbox breathers in the near future!

I had a chat to my Diff/Gearbox guy today and he said it needs a freshen up! 4th is tricky at times too! Apparently the synchro on 5th is really small and normally doesn't have issues as its gently shifted on highway speeds, but once you start tracking and smashing it into gear i guess it will start to hurt :( Also, need to extend by diff and gearbox breathers in the near future!

Good to know haha. I never do track days that require 5th so hasn't really bothered me as yet lol. The guy that owned my car before me did a lot of highway driving from Bathurst to Sydney so I'm just guessing he didn't change back when he should have and put too much load on the gear through the moutains or something.