SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Good to know haha. I never do track days that require 5th so hasn't really bothered me as yet lol. The guy that owned my car before me did a lot of highway driving from Bathurst to Sydney so I'm just guessing he didn't change back when he should have and put too much load on the gear through the moutains or something.

Lol i am sure you will need 5th at some track days :P

Does your diff push oil out after a hard thrashing? I was told to relocate the breather higher and upways!

Does your diff push oil out after a hard thrashing? I was told to relocate the breather higher and upways!

Hasn't that I have noticed so far haha. Post pics when you do it so I can see to do if I have to :P

Hasn't that I have noticed so far haha. Post pics when you do it so I can see to do if I have to :P

Lol no worries! I take pics of most stuff anyway so if it happens i am sure you will see it :yes:

Common issue with Subaru's, I have made a few diff adapters to stick a hose on them, to relocate the breather higher. Works well.

Common issue with Subaru's, I have made a few diff adapters to stick a hose on them, to relocate the breather higher. Works well.

Ah nice! Thanks for letting me know :yes: Ill have to have a look and work out what to do...

The rear of my car was covered in diff oil after my 3 sessions at SMSP GP. Nothing too bad, bit on the subframe, and spots on the back.

I just figure its self leveling :P

The rear of my car was covered in diff oil after my 3 sessions at SMSP GP. Nothing too bad, bit on the subframe, and spots on the back.

Just keep telling yourself that. It will last longer with less oil to get in the way and wear the gears... :P

:laugh: I like it...

Sounds like breather mods for all :woot: plus i gotta change the oil in it so gives me an excuse to get under and get it sorted!

I've already dropped the subframe once... not too keen on bothering doing it again.

50mls looks like a lot when its spread on the outside - I'm not too concerned :P

Probably only noticed it since I de-greased and pressure washed the subframe since I had it out.

I've already dropped the subframe once... not too keen on bothering doing it again.

50mls looks like a lot when its spread on the outside - I'm not too concerned :P

Probably only noticed it since I de-greased and pressure washed the subframe since I had it out.

Ill be attempting to do it in the car, i dont wanna pull it all apart :P

Remember they dont have much oil to start with :no:

eh, doesn't your breather connect to a hose?

I don't get fluid leaking out of mine, unless it's all evaporated lately (skips like a locked diff now lol)

Yeah hence why my chassis leaks diff fluid lol...

It only does it on track....

Remember mine is a r180 not a r200

The breather is just a little pressure release button tucked in behind the back of the subframe. Not an easy thing do sort in the car tbh.

Remember mine is a r180 not a r200

The breather is just a little pressure release button tucked in behind the back of the subframe. Not an easy thing do sort in the car tbh.

Oh :/

Well ill have a look at mine and attempt to repair :yes: