SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Argh the lovely jap exhaust step down

Yep, so if it causes me a problem I'll be looking into getting whatever the quietest exhaust is I can without restricting flow :)

If you end up dropping in to Perth, I'll show you what a real free-flowing exhaust sounds like ;) Lol.

You can definitely get true 3" exhausts that are within legal limits. Best bet is custom though, don't go off the shelf stuff. With custom you can tell them exactly what you want and how you want it to sound, anyone who is good at what they do will be able to give you exactly that.

nice

good luck , once we fitted the poncams in mine got louder sounded awesome,cant wait for new set up to be finished so can know what it sounds like now

Yeah someone said it gets a deeper note, did you run Type A's or B's? Did it change the idle/drivability much?

What mods are you doing now?

If you end up dropping in to Perth, I'll show you what a real free-flowing exhaust sounds like ;) Lol.

You can definitely get true 3" exhausts that are within legal limits. Best bet is custom though, don't go off the shelf stuff. With custom you can tell them exactly what you want and how you want it to sound, anyone who is good at what they do will be able to give you exactly that.

Haha yeah ill get there this year at some stage, i am surprised we cant hear it from here from the way you describe it :P

I have a mate that is researching custom places now as he wants to quieten down the Evo for daily driving, its saving me the leg work cus i am lazy :D

HOPEFULLY have some form of updates today guys!

post-47580-0-90204800-1338185094_thumb.jpg

Update -

Boost controllers is in

044 is assembled ready to go in

Haltech wiring will start tomorrow

Wide band wiring is done, need to mount the gauge.

ECA wires are run just need to mount and connect the sensor.

The boys are completing the springs and retainers install as we speak, cams will go in next

No idea... Ill get pics etc when i go get the car (Of the old springs) to show what they meant...

HKS Exhaust cam gear was added to the list today :D

Any reason behind not heat wrapping your exhaust mani?

It will be removed and HPC coated properly with the rear housing as well..... It was bolted up and forgotten about :dry: Heat wrapping that thing would take 2 years to do!

Anyway, some random updates -

post-47580-0-07669000-1338346437_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-19449000-1338346460_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-94741900-1338346487_thumb.jpgpost-47580-0-21107900-1338346508_thumb.jpg

They're not wasting any time with yours man, looking good.

Ask them if they wanna fly over here real quick and rebuild my head. For free.

They are getting into it man! :thumbsup:

Ill ask the question, i am sure they will want too just cus your a top bloke :P

I am pretty keen to get Chris to heat coat the 6Boob and the rear housing... And i may still get that 4" intake pipe redone in more of a factory look, i wasnt overly happy with the finish on it...

Yeah your right you need to get more stuff heat coated : )

Did u shield the ABS unit on your setup? (assuming high mount yeah??) I am

Wondering if it's going to cause me dramas or not? And the wiring loom near the manifold is probably an issue too... PS lines? Damn heat!!!