SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

Matty I finally did my power steering cooler after one year of talking about it haha..

I used red gates hose because it's half the price of black gates hose and the core is from a R33 auto transmission cooler

Nice work! Let me know how it goes :yes:

So, as planned i took the car to Ringwood for the practice day, i turned up and the only other guys there were in a formula ford and a spastic kart... They were not there for long and basically i had the track to myself for the day...

IMG_4177_zpsb464b066.jpg

First run out was sketchy az... The car nearly understeered off the track at low speed which was not cool! I checked the pressures and they were miles too high, i let about 10psi out of the tyres and ran again...

IMG_4166_zps0e6df71a.jpg

The pressures helped heaps!

So i ran lap after lap after lap... I tried to work out how many roughly i had done at the end of the day and i estimated 60 runs in my car and 10 in the GTI :woot: There was nothing wrong with my car, just let it cool down after a long session of runs...

IMG_3161_zps2839abd5.jpg

IMG_3173_zpscc8ae118.jpg

IMG_3163_zpsfaf35cc9.jpg

IMG_4175_zps6cd83c82.jpg

IMG_3171_zps92cfd86f.jpg

The GTI was quite quick considering it is 100% stock and on average tyres... It ran a high 36 compared to my car which was mid 34's :yes:

There was no official timing for this day so we were relying on stopwatch times which were not very accurate...

I have vids to come, ill post as soon as i get a chance.

There are a few videos to upload but i have the slowest farken internet connection on the planet so they will be coming slowly :wacko:

The tyres by this stage of the day were rooted! The rear end was all over the place and although it provided a few laughs i decided to call it a day after basically sliding the whole track lol

There are a few videos to upload but i have the slowest farken internet connection on the planet so they will be coming slowly :wacko:

The tyres by this stage of the day were rooted! The rear end was all over the place and although it provided a few laughs i decided to call it a day after basically sliding the whole track lol

Needs more gaaaate while sideways. You should be able to link that whole track ;P

Neat little track. Is that the same place you've done hill climbs at?

These are some of the runs in Carmens car... The tyres went off real quick but we didn't alter the pressures as we were just trialling it for fun :yes:

We went for times after this footage and even with the tyres not doing much it was still clocking high 36's

Needs more gaaaate while sideways. You should be able to link that whole track ;P

Neat little track. Is that the same place you've done hill climbs at?

Lol i was trying to keep the thing straight :P

Yeah that is Ringwood's hillclimb track! If you look in the footage you will notice the new section of track, as soon as that is CAMS approved it will enable them to have something like 4 track configurations which will be epic... Also, this is the track with the race track being built next door! So it is awesome especially being 5-10mins from home!

Mint videos Matt, however i agree with Tim. Needs more skids and gaaaatttteee

Lol skids were just a byproduct of poor tyres and poor driving at the end of the day :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Now updates... I have been busy sorting shit out and as usual updates have been slack!

Firstly, Tow car... New oils, filters, suspension bushes and the 3inch exhaust has now been fitted back on with the biggest muffler on the planet to keep the tree huggers happy! It now has its grunt back so ill stop complaining when towing :laugh:

IMG_8090_zpseab5a134.jpg

It now sounds quite tough without being obnoxious...

As for the skyline, it has also been copping some attention... It spent a week with Road2Race and it turns out it had some SERIOUS alignment issues... When the owner of the shop sends you a message simply saying W..T..F.. you know there is something not quite right lol

So for the past few months on track etc i have been trying to drive with massive toe in, bugger all camber and some odd ride heights... I just thought it was a hard car to drive but turns out the previous aligner was a retard! Anyway, instead of just another basic alignment i had all the suspension reset, regreased, heights set and a full cornerweight and alignment... It now sits as good as it can on the current suspension setup -

IMG_8097_zpsa9abfeb0.jpg

The alignment is aggressive compared to what i am used too but is just the starting point, with some tyre data and feedback we will further develop these settings to better suit my needs. The car still weighs factory weight will all the changes i made which is dissapointing to know its such a heavy nugget haha

I wouldn't bother with the temps at the hillclimb. You're not going to get them warm enough to gather decent data, and by the time you make it back to the staging area, they are going to be cooled of any heat you did make. Did he show you how to take temps?