SAU Community

34Geeteetee Daily / Track Project

For the not so good news, the brilliant bonnet struts i fitted have been working well but i use the bonnet quite a lot unlike the others i guess and it has created a weak point in the bonnet and it has now effectively collapsed... Its dissapointing as the bonnet was repainted and looked pretty good up until now -

IMG_8094_zps976d370f.jpg

IMG_8096_zps5d0ba8ab.jpg

I guess this was just a freak failure and i dont think there is anything wrong with the actual product.... They are a good price and worked well, maybe too much use :(

I wouldn't bother with the temps at the hillclimb. You're not going to get them warm enough to gather decent data, and by the time you make it back to the staging area, they are going to be cooled of any heat you did make. Did he show you how to take temps?

Nope there will be no temps taken at this event! No point and i dont have the gear as yet....

Yes he showed Carmen how to do it as she is in charge ;) Gotta get a proper pyrometer etc

Anyway, representing SAU at the Nulon Nationals means time for some Nulon oils -

Corporate-Logo-black-background_zpscc39a

IMG_8103_zps205e6b82.jpg

IMG_8104_zpsd7153d39.jpg

Gearbox was a bit grubby as usual... Am going to have to mod the breathers before the next track day as both the gearbox and diff are pushing their love juices out all over the place :no:

For the not so good news, the brilliant bonnet struts i fitted have been working well but i use the bonnet quite a lot unlike the others i guess and it has created a weak point in the bonnet and it has now effectively collapsed... Its dissapointing as the bonnet was repainted and looked pretty good up until now -

IMG_8094_zps976d370f.jpg

IMG_8096_zps5d0ba8ab.jpg

I guess this was just a freak failure and i dont think there is anything wrong with the actual product.... They are a good price and worked well, maybe too much use :(

Mat, that's generally an indicator that the gas struts are carrying too much pressure for their allocated task.

Bonnet struts don't need a great deal of pressure in them; otherwise they basically become a load point like yours have done.

This kind of damage is super common on Alloy, Fibreglass & Carbon Bonnets.

The Strut re-gas guys can set strut pressure to suit particular appilcation; this will prevent a repeat performance.

I've had hatch struts gassed at a higher pressure to allow for a rear wing before.

I think this guy will be the closest to you? They are mobile; so they come to you.

Strut Re-gas Hunter

Arie Oosterveen

Cnr Church & Foundry St

Wickam NSW 2293

Ph: 02 4961 3255

• Like 1

Yeah that was my guess, good info mate!

Not sure if i can salvage the bonnet and just keep it for now until the car becomes more track based down the track! I want to keep the nice stock look if i can!

Mat, that's generally an indicator that the gas struts are carrying too much pressure for their allocated task.

Bonnet struts don't need a great deal of pressure in them; otherwise they basically become a load point like yours have done.

This kind of damage is super common on Alloy, Fibreglass & Carbon Bonnets.

The Strut re-gas guys can set strut pressure to suit particular appilcation; this will prevent a repeat performance.

I've had hatch struts gassed at a higher pressure to allow for a rear wing before.

thanks for that. am going carbon bonnet soon and was going to use my current struts. you might have just saved me an expensive bonnet! thank you.

Bugger about the bonnet Mat, I sure hope the struts don't kill mine.

Will be interesting to see what you think of the Nulons too.

I have been using them for the whole time I've had the 33 and the 31 now is primarily Nulon filled too.

No complaints here, improvements more than anything. :D

This is your friendly reminder.

Pletty Prease.

Lol sonofabitch! I just saw this friendly reminder... The next event is at Wakefield and i assume you WILL be coming to watch ;) Then you can grab some while you are there...