SAU Community

'02 R34 Gtr Nur On Carsales

Hi Guys,

There has been a white R34 GTR V Spec 2 Nur for sale on carsales for a while now (located in QLD) and want to know if anyone has any info on it?

Has anyone been to see this car in person?

I know that the owner does not have log books to show genuine km's and will not let anyone test drive until a deposit is made but that's about it.

I'm looking to buy a white Nur and would love to get one that is already in the country, hence the reason I am asking these questions.

I have the VIN number, so if anyone has the Nissan FAST program please pm me so I can get it checked out.

Cheers,

Chris.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

judging by only the photos. it doesn't look like a 47k car. more like 70 - 90k. only way to tell is to inspect in person and test drive. offer the owner a refundable deposit to test drive. if he refuses stay away.

Very true. I also asked the owner to send me some additional photos which show some scuff marks on the centre console (on both sides of the stereo). Nothing too bad...but being a Nur you think people would treat it a bit better.

and you would think that if you were trying to sell a 75k car the seller could atleast reverse it out of the garage to get some decent photos

LOL!

I can post some of the additional photos he sent me later when I get home. They still aren't very good shots but you can see a little more of the car.

I think you should contact Iron Chef and maybe look at sourcing one,

though obviously you may have to wait a tad with all the shiezer thats going dow in Japan at the moment.

I think you should contact Iron Chef and maybe look at sourcing one,

though obviously you may have to wait a tad with all the shiezer thats going dow in Japan at the moment.

Not only the sheizer is concerning me but also the extra 17-20K that it costs just to get the car here and ready to drive.

The car is only worth 60-70K over in Japan depending on kms and condition but so far all my quotes have been 85k+ due to taxes.

Would much rather one here in Aus. I'll most likely fly up to QLD for a day to go check out this car. Just want some suggestions from people on here first.

imo the deposit request is reasonable so long as nothing major crops up on the test drive.

I mean it looks like a well kept, stock Nür. The owner claims there is nothing wrong with it and if upon inspection and his test drive (you're the passenger) you can't see anything wrong and still want to purchase it, I'd pay the deposit. After your test drive if you find out the gearbox is farked or whatever take the deposit back as the owner as the owner has clearly lied to you.

imo the deposit request is reasonable so long as nothing major crops up on the test drive.

I mean it looks like a well kept, stock Nür. The owner claims there is nothing wrong with it and if upon inspection and his test drive (you're the passenger) you can't see anything wrong and still want to purchase it, I'd pay the deposit. After your test drive if you find out the gearbox is farked or whatever take the deposit back as the owner as the owner has clearly lied to you.

Yeah sounds like a plan. Got to fly up sometime soon to take a look at it.

What things should I look out for when inspecting/test driving? I'm not the best when it comes to this so some advice would be much appreciated?

Test drive only when Deposite Paid."

Meaning, if you want to actually drive the car, you pay the deposit...

What if you just ride as front passenger? (seller drives the car)

Car looks clean, judging from the photos, but nothing beats a full inspection in person with your mechanic and test drive, to hear out for noises.

V-Spec II Nur's are usually treated very well with the occasional hammer out of the corner / down the straight... Still the car can handle it.

Check it out 1st and see how you go.

Very true. I also asked the owner to send me some additional photos which show some scuff marks on the centre console (on both sides of the stereo). Nothing too bad...but being a Nur you think people would treat it a bit better.

Hey, could be a lot worse... could be sitting out in the middle of a paddock... MOO

I know in Vic you can get a RACV (or similar) vehicle inspection done.

Would be something similar in Queensland.

If you're worried do that.

For a $75000 car I would be if I was unsure what to look/listen for...

Edited by wlspn

When I was looking through the forums, I remember someone talking about this car. They mentioned that they went to look at the car and asked for the guy to bring it to a mechanic for a full inspection and the owner refused.

I'm trying to find the topic again but can't.

looks nice,

surely you would be able to find a mechanic that lives near by that knows performance cars, give him a ring explain your situation to him about the car, tell him you will give him some cash if he comes out and looks at the car with you.

also if the owner is refusing for the car to be proffesionaly looked over id be a little worried