SAU Community

'02 R34 Gtr Nur On Carsales

Get someone like stateroads.com.au to take a look at it first.

It'll save you the airfare and trip if there's something wrong and will only cost a couple of hundred.

They will check for any accident damage and you can even ask them to do a compression test.

As they note all pretty much non perfect aspects it also gives you a good bargaining position with the owner if there is a lot of minor issues.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks nice,

surely you would be able to find a mechanic that lives near by that knows performance cars, give him a ring explain your situation to him about the car, tell him you will give him some cash if he comes out and looks at the car with you.

also if the owner is refusing for the car to be proffesionaly looked over id be a little worried

I would prefer to have the car taken to a workshop to put it up on the hoist. More visibility.

Anyone here from Brisbane area that knows a good jap workshop close by?

Get someone like stateroads.com.au to take a look at it first.

It'll save you the airfare and trip if there's something wrong and will only cost a couple of hundred.

They will check for any accident damage and you can even ask them to do a compression test.

As they note all pretty much non perfect aspects it also gives you a good bargaining position with the owner if there is a lot of minor issues.

That site looks good. Thanks for that mate. Just hope they do a thorough inspection.

Didn't the MDF boost in the Vspec II Nurs go up to 2bar?

Not too sure...I just looked at some vids on youtube and there is a Nur in Germany that only has 1.2 bar. But there are other videos that show 2 bar.

Anyone know?

MFD 2 bar boost limit is the nismo edition which also has increased temp limits, lap time info, g-force lateral meter and able to data log too. These are missing from the nur's unless someone has upgraded it.

Overall, 34 GTR nur's don't have any problems unless you track one and then you should upgrade the N1 oil pump, add oil cooler and oil catch can with return line to sump (not needed though).

Just make sure owner uses top quality oil considering there's diff oil, getrag gearbox oil, engine oil. I use Redline range for all my oils.

Read this excellent guide from a while ago - http://theclippingpoint.blogspot.com/2007/12/buying-gt-r.html

MFD 2 bar boost limit is the nismo edition which also has increased temp limits, lap time info, g-force lateral meter and able to data log too. These are missing from the nur's unless someone has upgraded it.

Thanks mate. Cleared that up :)

That site looks good. Thanks for that mate. Just hope they do a thorough inspection.

no probs, I've used them twice, with no complaints.

1st car was a V35 Coupe in Bris (I'm in Syd) and the second was my N1.

Both times, the report was thorough and there was nothing I found in either car which wasn't on the report.

If you're worried about certain things, just speak to the inspector and ask if they can specifically look at it, eg as mentioned i got them to do a compression test on the GTR

Like any inspection it's largely visual but pretty much the same will happen in a workshop.

If you like PM me your email and I'll shoot you a copy of the report i got on the GTR. They'll also snap a heap of photos i think if you request them, and will include pics of worn items etc

no probs, I've used them twice, with no complaints.

1st car was a V35 Coupe in Bris (I'm in Syd) and the second was my N1.

Both times, the report was thorough and there was nothing I found in either car which wasn't on the report.

If you're worried about certain things, just speak to the inspector and ask if they can specifically look at it, eg as mentioned i got them to do a compression test on the GTR

Like any inspection it's largely visual but pretty much the same will happen in a workshop.

If you like PM me your email and I'll shoot you a copy of the report i got on the GTR. They'll also snap a heap of photos i think if you request them, and will include pics of worn items etc

Thanks mate. PM sent.

Ok so the latest news on this car....it has been in an accident with front-end damage. Apparently the tyres wear out quite quickly because the car isn't very straight.

This most likely explains why it has been for sale for so long.

Ok so the latest news on this car....it has been in an accident with front-end damage. Apparently the tyres wear out quite quickly because the car isn't very straight.

Did you get some1 to inspect it? or flew there and did it yourself?

Good work though

$75k - Did you tell 'im hes dreamin?

Did you get some1 to inspect it? or flew there and did it yourself?

Good work though

No I actually spoke to someone who was interested in the car before me. After he found out he pulled out of the deal and ended up importing a Nur from Japan.

I will most likely do the same thing.

$75k - Did you tell 'im hes dreamin?

Lol not yet...sent him an email asking for his side of the story. I have a feeling he'll try play the situation down and make out as if it was minor damage.

No I actually spoke to someone who was interested in the car before me. After he found out he pulled out of the deal and ended up importing a Nur from Japan.

I will most likely do the same thing.

Well, funny enough, I am talking to a guy who "was interested in the car before me" as well... you !

He said he'd take 68k for it

Risky to import, especially paying $70-80k without seeing the car in flesh.

GL

Well, funny enough, I am talking to a guy who "was interested in the car before me" as well... you !

He said he'd take 68k for it

Risky to import, especially paying $70-80k without seeing the car in flesh.

GL

LOL!

As I've mentioned in one of my old posts, I imported my nur with no problems paying 85k. The best thing I ever did. Do your research, find someone reputable (few on here) that can help you but I can help with any questions if your curious on my experience with importing. I've given my advice to quite a few through pm's.