SAU Community

Stagea Transmission Oil Filter

Deepak78

Its a Jatco transmission same as R34 Skyline similar year 300ZX,, some Nissan utes Patrol?.. Doesn't your local parts store have a listing for Stagea? If all else fails you don't really need a new filter as its metal and you can just clean it with stiff brush.

These are numbers for S1 but you have an S2

tranny part codes:

RE4R104E is the trans.

3172841x02filter

3152641x07 oring

3139741x04 gasket

You may have a slightly different trans.

Heres how to change the fluid:

Changing the atf is not a simple task but you can do it yourself. Dropping the sump on the auto box will only yield around 1 or 2 litres but at least then you can clean the fiter (its steel) and pan and then put it back together. then take off a hose from the transmssion oil cooler and run the engine until you have collected a couple of litres. Stop the engine and pour 2L of new atf down the dipstick (for the auto trans ) and repeat til the oil comes out clean. Could take 10 to 12 Litres.

Hi,

Thank you very much. I live in Finland, and we have total 5 nissan stagea in country. So every part what these cars need have to oder out side.

Thanks again

OK well don't bother with a kit just pull the sump off carefully and you can probably reuse the gasket and take out the metal filter (its really just a screen) and clean it and put it back together and then change the fluid as per above - you will need about 12L so if you can buy a 20L container of preferably syntheitic or semi-synthetic automatic transmission fluid you can use that for the auto, the attessa and the power steering.

• 7 years later...
On 3/27/2011 at 2:59 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

Its a Jatco transmission same as R34 Skyline similar year 300ZX,, some Nissan utes Patrol?.. Doesn't your local parts store have a listing for Stagea? If all else fails you don't really need a new filter as its metal and you can just clean it with stiff brush.

These are numbers for S1 but you have an S2

tranny part codes:

RE4R104E is the trans.

3172841x02filter

3152641x07 oring

3139741x04 gasket

You may have a slightly different trans.

Heres how to change the fluid:

Changing the atf is not a simple task but you can do it yourself. Dropping the sump on the auto box will only yield around 1 or 2 litres but at least then you can clean the fiter (its steel) and pan and then put it back together. then take off a hose from the transmssion oil cooler and run the engine until you have collected a couple of litres. Stop the engine and pour 2L of new atf down the dipstick (for the auto trans ) and repeat til the oil comes out clean. Could take 10 to 12 Litres.

In regards to fluid change - This is what I’ve done on autos before -

just to confirm though if you take sump off and lose approx 2 litres and the. Pump 2 or 3 out of the lines - why would it take 12 litres to fill?

FYI - for a series 2 auto transmission

My local repco provided the local part numbers: 

Filter - NXF17520

Gasket - NPG5000

Edited by H@ME
Added information

4 hours ago, H@ME said:

just to confirm though if you take sump off and lose approx 2 litres and the. Pump 2 or 3 out of the lines - why would it take 12 litres to fill?

I keep dumping and refilling until it runs clean...that's what it took me.