SAU Community

M35 Replacement Camshaft Position Sensors?

GlennM35

This happened to me this week several times. Had been recalled too. Going in tomorrow for this and other fixes for WoF. 241,00kms.

I've got a fault Code reader you can use if u r in akld?

I've got a fault Code reader you can use if u r in akld?

Thanks but I did the work already. $1,300 later (sensor $148 +gst)...I got my WoF. And it was 246,000 kms not 241. Here's hoping. BTW Nolethane bushes are now available for those control arms at about NZD 100 each.

Edited by STAG250

Brake calipers were a pig to get off.

I know this to be true, I did mine DIY style a bit ago. I ended up lowering the car off the jack so that my breaker bar was on the ground to give me the leverage, there's a groove in the concrete floor of my garage now...........

• 5 months later...

hi guys, so im digging up yet another old thread with hope ill eventually have a working M35.

i think my warm start issue is down to some faulty sensors, the cold start is perfect and fires up fine every time. but once ive driven the car and its built up a bit of heat under the bonnet the car struggles to start again. once its been sitting for awhile it'l fire again. A question i had with regards to the stickers under the bonnet was what do they mean? i have 1 sticker with the R168 on it. but no blank sticker?

• 8 months later...

Where are you? I have some spares to try if you are in Melbourne.

I have had the same issue come up "bank 1 camshaft sensor." Scott was as usual able to help out with both sensors I decided to replace both (aftermarket ) and they are fine after 2 weeks.I can,t speak highly enough how helpful Scott is and how reasonable his pricing is.

Thanks again Scott

Graham

• Like 1

i see this is an older topic - my car (m35 axis) threw a cam sensor error bank 1 position 1. I assumed they were the sensors on the front of the engine. But reading here doesn't seem to be the case. Does anyone know what the 2 blue sensors are that go into the heads?? and where the cam sensors are located, especially bank 1 pos. 1.

thanks

They are both located in the same respective place on the back of the heads of the engine.

Bank one is the drivers side. They have one 10mm bolt holding them in.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/attachments/f23/33205d1313103000-crankshaft-position-sensor-location-2005frontier-camshaftsensors.jpg

• Like 1

Send Scotty a PM

I believe he has some, or contacts to some cheap items. Defiantly don't buy from nissan. Importing from the US is the other option, they are cheap there.