SAU Community

Western Stagea`s

chuckie

Well as we have few in west

& most of us come in WASAU

We don`t bother heading in to Stagea Section,

some due to BAN & other due to fedup with bs,

PLEASE DON`T POST CHAT OR RUBBISH HERE,

As i will as MODS to remove Dribble or un wanted CRAP.

So on this note,

Been Messing with my Shockies,

i picked up a set of JAP spec Ohlines ,

now as we know there different to what RS4 run,they use Fork type,& we use EYE ,

so Wa Suspension,sent a eye bush off to east,& now i have a set of Bushes for EYE type bush,had sleeve welded in to Fork,

then put then in Stagea,now many will say what :whistling: ,wrong type :domokun: ,

well as i picked up for $100, its a worth a look.

Well iam quite happy with resualts,

i sorted ride heights today so happy to have car sit better now too.

post-36964-0-06625600-1301845787_thumb.jpg,

So Modded fork post-36964-0-54643500-1301846214_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-85683800-1301846454_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-40514600-1301846798_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-67990000-1301855177_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-90398600-1301856179_thumb.jpg

Cheers Chuckie.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work chuck.

Finally got up to see my mate on Friday and got the NIStune board installed in my ECU, took all of about 20 mins

Made a few minor changes to make living with the Haltech a bit easier until I find time to remove it and repair the butchered loom

Set up the Z32 afm, have been running it since the stocker died but because the Haltech runs a map sensor it wasn't too much of an issue.. I thought.. turns out it was screwing with the TP so VCT was needing a lot more load to flick on, feels SO much better punting around the streets with it working properly! Also set the VCT enable temp to 50deg (as stock ECU is reading the temp ~20-25deg low) until I pull the Haltech out, then I'll chuck a stock water temp sender back in.

I can't believe what was supposed to be a respected workshop set it all up like this :no::domokun:

what did your shockies come out of originally chuckie

cant remember if you to me the other day or not ?

and we need to tee up that cruise down south though the hills :D

what did your shockies come out of originally chuckie

cant remember if you to me the other day or not ?

and we need to tee up that cruise down south though the hills :D

Hi Jim R34GTR ,Ohlines Jap Spec,

OH YES :thumbsup: hills any time iam in ,

need to mess about with setting abit more,

get Front sway bar in :yes: ,i have few more bits to do front drive shafts CV`s need doing replace them soon.

Thanks Andrei,

Getting my drivers cv boots done right now at outer control chuckie, service is good! and why I'm here is anyone looking at entering a bunch of stags in motorvation next year??

horrace, I may be interested in Motorvation, it's usually on my birthday weekend so some birthday skidz could be a goer :D

Mike, why are your fronts wider than your rears?

is a nistune the way to go for a stag?

I've got basic mods like full exhaust, fmic, ebc

looking to tune for decent fuel economy and also up boost to 12psi

is a nistune the way to go for a stag?

I've got basic mods like full exhaust, fmic, ebc

looking to tune for decent fuel economy and also up boost to 12psi

Definitely, mine went in on Friday and Chuckies' is going in tonight :thumbsup:

With all the features of an aftermarket stand-alone ecu for basically half the price, NIStune is definitely the way to go! :)

If you don't want the software, boards are only ~$260 for the series 2 so WAY cheaper than a full standalone (anyone know any mugs that want to buy a Haltech?:P).

Software licenses are $200 for a single seat last time I looked.

Yeah for s2 it is, im just gonna get a safc or similar for my s1.

Series 1 you just need a NIStuned RB20 ECU and an rpm window switch, both of which I think I just saw in the For Sale area ;)

I can get boards and if a bunch of you want them around the same time I can probably organise a groupbuy :thumbsup:

Edited by bubba

Hhmmm I'm interested, do you know someone who has done it? Mines auto if that matters, what's the rpm window switch for?

With the earlier autos like yours (R32/33 era), the Transmission Control Module is a separate unit. In the 34 era autos (series 2 stags, tiptronic), the TCM is an extra board inside the ECU which is why we have such limited aftermarket ECU options (my Haltech is currently piggybacked onto the stock ECU). Not too knowledgable about the old autos and it would need some looking into but I would imagine the TCM would just need a a couple of inputs and it might have an output back to the ECU for when it wants to change (which after you shift kit the auto is kinda pointless anyway).

The window switch is to control VCT as RB20's never had it.

You basically need to search for people who have NIStuned their auto R33's I guess. Also, Matt from NIStune is very helpful and regularly checks the NIStune thread in the Forced Induction area.

Rohan, Bubba and Chuckie have a NIStune licence and has a mate that solders them into our ECU's.

The WA Stagea community are very lucky! :P

Edited by d1_drifter

Rohan, Bubba and Chuckie have a NIStune licence and has a mate that solders them into our ECU's.

The WA Stagea community are very lucky! :P

oooh hook a brother up! :turned: