SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be stupid question but how do you open the boot with the wing on? Or do you cut slots in the boot?

Cheers

i think all the cutting of the boot has been done to the wing stays appear thru like that..

wing off to open it i'd imagine.. (not that there is much point in opening it anyway).. unless struts have adjustment on top could get annoying setting them up..

I dont think boot access is a real problem with that one. This is the correct way to mount a rear wing, and the same way its done on our factory Porsche built GT Series car. You could stand on it, which is how it has to be :)

Mark, did you receive your WR35OP Extended Oil Pan yet? :thumbsup:

suede sparco wheel and works bell shift kit and quick release supplied by Adam from the tuners group. thanks for the tip seb.

So nice, will need a wheel for grubby hands between events

5814910818_129c0bed9b_z.jpg

yep good idea. we have spare ebay steerign wheels for both cars when we are not at the track. the good suede ones get damaged too easily, especially by oil.

I like you committment to this car....lots of good work going into it and nothing seems to be off limits....looking forward to catching up at Superlap

No but I did use revolution race gear to have my suit made. I am guessing but they probably use the same people to do the job.

Its pain free and tailor made to a good fit..

yep good idea. we have spare ebay steerign wheels for both cars when we are not at the track. the good suede ones get damaged too easily, especially by oil.

I like you committment to this car....lots of good work going into it and nothing seems to be off limits....looking forward to catching up at Superlap

yep will be good to catch up with everyone.

suede sparco wheel and works bell shift kit and quick release supplied by Adam from the tuners group. thanks for the tip seb.

So nice, will need a wheel for grubby hands between events

5814910818_129c0bed9b_z.jpg

I have an identical 330mm Sparco wheel in normal leather I could let go for a reasonable price if you're interested?

I've been using a deep dish wheel on the street and discovered at the last track day when I bolted the Sparco on that I've grown too accustomed to the driving position of the deep dished wheel... I didn't feel at home with the greater reach for the flat wheel anymore.