SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to really show commitment to weight reduction i feel a billet block and heads with lightweight titanium internals are a must ;)

great to see such a high level build being documented. Im sure speed hunters will be all over it soon!

awesome work mate. I just found this thread. love the exhaust, it's lovely. :) did the guys at mercury make it or was it done somewhere else?

the car is going to be a major contender at WTAC that's for sure. no doubt about it. :)

Thanks guys.

Baron the biggest problem at wtac will be:

-Lack of testing (we will be finishing the build july!)

-The weight of this big pig ( if we get to 1450kg we will be very happy)

-Tyres- they just don't make semislicks to suit this car as they do the smaller evos etc

We will do our best just the same though

not excuses, just reality of the car in this format. with the right tyres (and driver) I think it would be a top contender

more cage pics.

front strut towing bracing not shown (got to have some secrets)

most components of the cage are tacked together until final inspection and welding/gusseting next week

5735981599_7c8e435e76_z.jpg

5736532178_92130438ac_z.jpg

5735982295_90a0b249c1_z.jpg

5736532700_a3f7f67937_z.jpg

5736532956_0541783a29_z.jpg

5736533232_91864532a5_z.jpg

looks great. My only thought though is shouldnt the sterring wheel and seat be installed to confirm driving position before all the main hoops etc rest in their final spot?

I love hoe this car has gone from mildly tuned to a complete all out build. Cant wait to see it at WTAC

looks great. My only thought though is shouldnt the sterring wheel and seat be installed to confirm driving position before all the main hoops etc rest in their final spot?

I love hoe this car has gone from mildly tuned to a complete all out build. Cant wait to see it at WTAC

That is a very good point.

they have been trial fitted but removed

we are also fabricating our own steering column to allow a perfect custom fit

silly question...but will you be driving the car at time attack? or is their a driver to drive this?

cant wait tos ee this thing in action

don't worry you wont be alone in the lack of testing group! many cars will only be finished in June/July if then!! it seems many of the big boys are joining their own 'team last minute' this year.

as far as weight goes that will be tough but with good aero and power you can still do well at EC. it doesn't punish the heavy cars so much unlike some other tracks as it doesn't have many really sharp changes of direction or lots of bumps etc.

but yeah it will be a challenge but I think if it comes together you will be a serious contender. I hope you're going to drive it too. :) take a leaf out of berry's book and develop yourself with the car. :)

from memory didn't they release some special 20 inch semi slicks (or were they only slicks?) specifically for the R35s?

but yeah only 18inch semis I agree it will be tough. we struggled with grip in berrys 34 only being able to run semis the same width as guys run on evos when we too have a lot more weight and a lot more power.

anyway, I'll be cheering for you mate. :)