SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

thats not a silly question

Initially I was going to be the only driver but we may share the driving with a pro for a few sessions. I will be whoring the datalog to help me as I have never been to EC and am still developing my driving skills. Cant say who it will be just yet ;)

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah sweet. thats good then, be a shame to build such an aweomse car for an event like this and to not drive it there.

do they have a limit to how many practice sessions you can get in before the event to test and tune the car out? or will you be doing most of your test and tune at your home track?

HAHAHA if only he would return a phone call he could have driven arguably the best GTR in the country, but NOOOOOOOO. Oh well, his tough titties!

The driver we have lined up will be right at home in the R35 and he will be very very fast at EC. I just hope he can fit in the seat......

btw trent, a very large crate weighing a couple of hundeed kilos just turned up at my house.

My wife ran out with the three kids before the angry hungarian delivery guy could drop it on the cobblestones.

expect some AMS goodness shortly!

skaifey would have been good but as trent says, we have other options (which will fit in well with our weight reduction policy on this build)

if this guy pulls a faster time than me I will be arguing that its because he weighs half of one of my arse cheeks

not seton is it? he is a gun and from what I've seen since his V8 retirement can still drive a car bloody well and gives great feedback on set-up etc. I saw him a few years ago driving kerry baileys sports sedan at oran park GP and he was not giving away anthing in time to the regular SS guys.

would love to see skaife in it. probably my favourite driver in aus motorsport.

there's lots of guys around who I reckon would be good. dean canto could be an option. nice guy and good steerer. but there is dozens of guys who'd be suitable.

glad to hear you are going to drive it anyway. you'll love it mate. maybe even scrap the hired gun driver and use all the available time perfecting your lines at the new track. :)

A few AMS goodies arrived today:

AC delete

5754577170_f89b2228db_z.jpg

FMIC

5754579494_4c5f750c05_z.jpg

4.0 engine

5754031309_14043124fa_z.jpg

AMS Alpha 10 turbos

5754578282_44f71f1189_z.jpg

5754577908_be1f132db8_z.jpg

Exhaust manifolds

5754030065_9e4fa9c1de_z.jpg

Heat shielding

5754031629_d0eb3fc16b_z.jpg

and whole bunch of ancillaries in the kit.

heads get back late this week

fuel system being built.

aero design of final elements being run through the initial CFD

carbon parts being made everywhere.

things are hectic to say the least

Farken wow.

All very pioneering in terms of the level youre taking it to, the R35, and Oz.

Love that exhaust they have done for it.

p.s. id be shitting myself pulling that trans apart!

This might sound pretty ignorant of me (cmon, I own a boat...) but I'd have thought going from a 3.8 to a 4L would be nothing more than a stroker kit...wasn't expecting a whole new block. Is it a lighter aluminium block or something?