SAU Community

Fully Built 1000Hp Rb26!

rb26zed, on 03 June 2011 - 11:40 PM, said:

Sorry, I'm not interested in buying your engine, but I am curious as to how someone spends the time, effort and of course money to build a $22000, 1000hp engine, drives it 1500km then suddenly needs to sell it at a huge loss.

the guy i bought it off of got it built for his street gtr and decided to take it out to put it into another gtr for drag racing but decided he wanted an rb26/30 instead.

Still doesn't answer why you are selling it though after only just purchasing it.

i dunno what fuss is about,, wish i had a spare 10k i would snap it up right away,, he does not need to give a reason for sale as u could just put it on a engine dyno before purchase if u are serious about buying this bargin and are skeptical about the sale. GL with your sale mate,, surprised its not sold,,, bloody tight arses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8500....? ill give u 9 grand if u engine dyno it and prove its a healthy new motor capable of 1000hp...

pm me when your ready

That is a little hard for him to do. The motor was built by a reputable group(matouks, he is quite famous for his RB's). I'm sure if you call them up and ask about the motor they can help you out. I don't think scr33m has the turbo and other gear needed to demonstrate the 1000hp. Just because he bought the motor does not mean he has the turbo and other gear for it.

That is a little hard for him to do. The motor was built by a reputable group(matouks, he is quite famous for his RB's). I'm sure if you call them up and ask about the motor they can help you out. I don't think scr33m has the turbo and other gear needed to demonstrate the 1000hp. Just because he bought the motor does not mean he has the turbo and other gear for it.

Just because a workshop built A 1000hp engine it doesnt mean that this is the one, the only way to proved this thing has all the fruit is to pull it down and have pictures of ALL the parts that are in it, for the sake of being able to proved everything is there you dont even need to replace anything except the head gasket.

Showing the engine sitting on a pallet like that means nothing to me or anyone who is actually looking to buy something like this to save themselves some money

As far as i'm concerned with seeing the picture thats been supplied of that motor all it has is cam gears, ati balancer and a piss weak single plate clutch sitting next to it.

Biggest sus thing for me is the bog stock turbo's sitting right next to it on the floor like they've just been pulled off.

Just because a workshop built A 1000hp engine it doesnt mean that this is the one, the only way to proved this thing has all the fruit is to pull it down and have pictures of ALL the parts that are in it, for the sake of being able to proved everything is there you dont even need to replace anything except the head gasket.

Showing the engine sitting on a pallet like that means nothing to me or anyone who is actually looking to buy something like this to save themselves some money

As far as i'm concerned with seeing the picture thats been supplied of that motor all it has is cam gears, ati balancer and a piss weak single plate clutch sitting next to it.

Biggest sus thing for me is the bog stock turbo's sitting right next to it on the floor like they've just been pulled off.

I never said it was or wasn't I was just saying that you could call up the builder of the motor, inquire about when the motor was built, who it was built for, the parts used and what ever you need to ask. Most reputable builders are true and honest because they dedicate them selves to the products they build.

And my argument was not about not pulling apart the motor. Someone on previous pages asked him to chuck it on an engine dyno. I know the turbos sitting near the engine don't make it look too great but you can't expect the guy to have all the gear to get it thrown on a dyno to attempt to prove power. I was not arguing against pulling the motor apart for photos of piston tops, studs and looking into the head for head work, but more so the seller having the parts to obtain a engine dyno displaying the power output.

Its like when you go to inspect a car to buy. The seller can give you all the words in the world saying he has forged pistons, aftermarket rods, new bearings and what not and be asking just an average price. He can say he bought the car from bla bla person with the mods done and have no receipts. You can't ask the guy to strip his motor down just to show you it has the parts before you buy it. I know the situation is different but its the same thing. My brother has bought two fully built 13B motors. One had paper work, the other had nothing. Both motors were shown on a pallet. Both were built by reputable builders and sold on forums just like this(aus rotor). He contacted the engine builder to attempt to verify the original seller and the parts and work done on the motor. Both motors have done what they were told they were to do and are now with other people who bought them off him.

If you don't feel comfortable, you should not outlay your money. Even if someone showed me photos of the engine internals, I wouldn't buy it. A motor is something I would not buy without my own personal inspection. Each to their own. I'm not angry or anything I'm just putting shit out there lol.

And someone PM'd me offering 6k for a motor. I AM NOT THE SELLER lol.

• 1 month later...