SAU Community

Hypertune Intake Manifold Will Hit Clutch Master Cylinder

tricstar

just looking in and around the engine to see what will be affected if I go down the 26/30 road, if the head raises 28mm ( I've been told ) most stuff looks fine, I think my dump will be alright but the hypertune intake plenum will foul on the clutch master cylinder, I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this, so is there an adaptor or something for the clutch cylinder to move it 20mm ??? what have others done ??

• Like 1

ok I've found an answer to my original question but now have a couple more : so people that have had this problem ( albeit in s13's and R32"s )have used R33 GTS clutch master cylinders, my car is an R33 GTR so is the GTS one shorter and will it be ok for an OSgiken triple plate ??

Do 33GTR's still have the clutch booster? not sure if the non-booster master cylinder will work with the booster...

Its on the fire wall right at the back of the intake beside the brake master, 1995 GTR, I assume its the clutch master, could be wrong, but what else could it be, seems to be the same problem others have had, ill see if I can upload a pic

<br />I got an aftermarket Terrano clutch m/c (no room for booster)  Terrano R50 30610-4W000<br />
<br /><br /><br />

what clutch did you run with that M/C, affect it at all ? mines OSGiken triple so pretty heavy, will the Terrano handle that....

<br />I helped build this motor(rb28), it all fits. Very close but went in. We covered the Plenum in tape prior to install. <br /><br />Matt<br />
<br /><br /><br />

what you helped build Allan's (SLY33) 28, which is now mine, has some detonation on #6 so engine has to come, so looking at the 26/30 option and sell the 28 bottom end- needing new pistons...

anyway how did you go getting yours in, or if you have a different plenum, is it not a problem?

<br /><br /><br />

what you helped build Allan's (SLY33) 28, which is now mine, has some detonation on #6 so engine has to come, so looking at the 26/30 option and sell the 28 bottom end- needing new pistons...

anyway how did you go getting yours in, or if you have a different plenum, is it not a problem?

Yep, Allan the Dentist. It has custom CP's in it from memory, James had them made up after the HKS pistons had issues. I remember how this engine revved.. I would be sticking with the 28 and just changing the turbo setup to be honest.

Matt

<br /><br /><br />

what clutch did you run with that M/C, affect it at all ? mines OSGiken triple so pretty heavy, will the Terrano handle that....

Some kind of aftermarket heavy duty single plate cutch came with the R33 GTR box. I think the piston is the same size (you could check with yours) so thats all that matters really. My clutch was already pretty heavy as no booster.

The point I was trying to make is that with 32GTR's, they run a vacuum assisted clutch (CLUTCH BOOSTER). This means that the master cylinder setup for GTR is different to GTSt and GTS4. If this is the case with 33GTR, then you won't be able to run a GTSt master cylinder.

<br />The point I was trying to make is that with 32GTR's, they run a vacuum assisted clutch (CLUTCH BOOSTER). This means that the master cylinder setup for GTR is different to GTSt and GTS4. If this is the case with 33GTR, then you won't be able to run a GTSt master cylinder.<br />
<br /><br /><br />\

ok thanks

I have an R33GTR gearbox and clutch in my Stagea - did without booster no problem (aprt from heavy pedal) and now with FF plenum have replaced clutch m/c with shorter (Terrano but other skyline ones will do also).

• 5 years later...