SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

Great effort mate

I was in the black Evo 10 in your group... this machine is awesome, and has the times to back up the build.

I'm sure the times will fall even more when you've settled in to the car more, too.

Congrats and good luck at WTAC :)

Thanks all. Appreciate the comments.

Yeah I think the way it is now it should be good for 1:39 at EC. The power alone could be worth up to 2 secs. Perhaps the remaining development I have planned could put me into the 38's but we'll see. I'm aware that it's quite ambitious!

For a new sump I'm considering this as an option. http://www.lewisengines.com.au/prod109.htm

Spoke to the guy today and he was honest in saying that it may be only just adequate however compared to a standard sump it's far better obviously. He would custom make the baffles to prevent starvation under brakes. Any other options or recommendations?

Catch can has a valve and drain but not putting that vaporised fuely moist oil back into the sump. I'll add new oil and drain the crap out. Just need to monitor it to avoid it filling up. Remember I've done perhaps 6-7 track days and I drained out about 750ml so not a big issue.

Rims are 10x10.5 +15 all round with 295 Advan AO50's. Front has 10mm spacers. The tyres I ran yesterday cost me $50 each! 2nd hand porche rears FTW! I will have to buy some newy's soon though. Testing at PI!

How much is a high octane sump?

Regarding driving style I think fix the car and brake as hard and late as I can! haha I actually just looked at the footage and the 31.29 is actually a lap I'm not very proud of haha. The slower lap before is far smoother. Oh well.

I am staying up waiting for footage god dman it!

LOL re the messy lap. At the Nats the lap where I upped the revs and gave it curry I was behind some R31 4 doors at the back of the circuit and it cost me a bit of time but turned out to be my fastest lap even though i was over driving . Now with my new cooler setup I am hoping I can get a few laps of 8,400rpm action without soaring temps as I need to build up to a lap over 2-3 laps.

You know I cant help but wonder how quick you woudl be if we put my engine/setup in your car :)

Re sump, spend the money on a good setup, if you ever need to rebuild the thing then a good oil system will be needed AND probably end up with your std engine lasting forever anyway. Chris does a rwd steel sump that is basically a copy of the RB26 track sumps. Otherwise you are looking at $1000 for the other options :(

Yeah I'm going to speak to Chris first before I do anything. Not sure what day he's back from Bali.

I'm rendering the video now. By the time it uploads to youtube it will be 2am or so. I'm off to bed soon

I was going to ask which was the quicker lap. The first lap there is super clean, almost too clean for a RWD car! lol

There is always that judgment between getting on the power earlier and getting a little sideways coming out of the corner.

Great stuff, did the car have any front aero at all?

good lap, but I suspect with new tyres there is still more in it. What are you thinking of running at superlap? And man does it pull, that must have been great fun.

Re the sump, I have tried Trust, custom and Hi-Octane, and had a good look around the Gibson sumps. They are all pretty much the same thing, so go with any of them. None of them have kept my race motors alive more than a season at a time though.

The 2nd lap is actually the fast one but I'm not proud of it. Tried a different to my normal line out of the cleavage which I'm not sold on... Some less than ideal apex's and too deep into the kink haha. A 30 with the current setup is quite possible.

No front aero. Didn't even run that little splitter.

I'll be getting some mediums for testing and maybe a set of softs for WTAC if I can afford it and do the whole 1 lap thing!

Yeah I'm going to speak to Chris first before I do anything. Not sure what day he's back from Bali.

I'm rendering the video now. By the time it uploads to youtube it will be 2am or so. I'm off to bed soon

Think he's back next week. I'm taking mine down for dyno tune on Tuesday before I hit the tracks.

No speedo or tacho?!? haha

Nice work, amazing how much extra grip you have coming out of corners, I guess the extra tyre helps a lot

Nah they haven't worked for a while haha.

Also has a 1.06 A/R exhaust housing that softens the hit of torque (IMO)

Yeah it really is a good thing the old 1.06!

Mate that is super quick, looks like you're the new stig! :D (Sorry Jack) I wasn't sure about coming to Superlap this year but I can't stay away, can't wait to see the times!!!

That's even quicker than Big Red lol. until Newton comes back to try reclaim his title for hot laps around Winton :P

Yeah I've been stirring up Newton. He knows it haha. Pretty much the track I have the best chance of beating or at least equalling.

Superlap will be MAD!!!

This was the road to PI so the track was still wet and damn cold and yet he still got such an amazing time out of the car. I am kind of left scratching my head how much more is actually in it?

post-462-0-34782500-1340532736_thumb.jpg