SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

haha nah the splitter is sheet aluminium. No I kept spring rates the same. RB25 and RB20 weigh pretty much the same.

10k front and 8k rear. Nothing too special

Thanks mate

Unfortunately the new custom sump was modelled on an R33 and it didn't clear the swaybar enough when we put it in last week.

Because of this we missed out at PI on the weekend. I had brand new rubber on the thing and was ready to go but no such luck...

Turns out that the whiteline sway bar that is on my car was a prototype from years ago and they don't sell them anymore so pretty unique situation. The bend is very close to the sump so that's what has caused the issue. I think that a new 27mm sway bar with a better option that pulling the sump off again! Custom one being investigated now. Hope it makes the 21st!!

It wasn't a prototype one. It was custom by probably the same people doing the new one...so lets hope that the one they make up isn't the same and offers the same sump clearance as std

Do their own what? Sway bar? Chris is already chasing one for me.

Yeah, thought you'd already have asked Chris the same question about a swaybar....

Yeah Chris is trying newtons on mine today to see.

You wanna buy the whiteline one back Bris? haha

If i had of known abotu 4 weeks ago then I would have but now going down the road of new springs for my car

• 2 weeks later...

time for another update...

New 27mm swaybar has just arrived to solve the sump clearance issues. I currently have a loan 24mm until I get a chance to fit the 27mm. Might try both on the weekend if I can as a comparison.

Fulcrum suspension have sorted out the bar for me.

I've extended the wing end plates as the old ones were a little small and the bigger ones should hopefully stop a bit of the spill over the sides.

post-10715-0-12315400-1342526396_thumb.jpg

The splitter has come a long way. I'm still testing as it's all a bit new to me still. I'm really just copying what the fast guys do and following basic principles and advice I'm getting along the way.

I'll be logging the data at Philip Island this weekend to see if straight line speed is sacrificed and if corner speed is increased. As a bare minimum I'm expecting more downforce from just the splitter seperating the air and minimising air flow under the car.

If it all works the plan is to make the parts out of carbon fibre down the track. It's all trial and error at the moment.

post-10715-0-15594600-1342526630_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-67829500-1342526762_thumb.jpg

post-10715-0-83309300-1342526985_thumb.jpg

loving the alloy canards. i made some about 3 years ago and was laughed at. been hesitant to make any new ones.

i seen in a build thread for an american R35 time attack car they made canards out of alloy. they were far easier and cheaper and did the same job.

are the uprights for your wing an off the shelf item?

When you are talking about such thin sections of aluminium the weight difference is negligible when you factor in the relative cost and ease of manufacture it brings.

Yeah the ally is pretty light except for the splitter. It's damn heavy. CF would be so much better

are the uprights for your wing an off the shelf item?

Nah they were made by superleggera carbon fibre in sydney. They're pretty hard core!

Yeah the ally is pretty light except for the splitter. It's damn heavy. CF would be so much better

Nah they were made by superleggera carbon fibre in sydney. They're pretty hard core!

oh they look like a production type thing.

do you have any bracing under the boot lid? i may have missed it.

Hope you don't mind Russ. Most people probably know what happened already!

Russmans R32 GTST blasting around PI in it's last shakedown before WTAC!

For the full article check out Autocult -> CLICK HERE!

7629603330_b9209c015b_b.jpg