SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

• 3 months later...

Long time without driving...

Only real event for the last part of 2012 was SAU nationals. Was a great track and it was a great event with lots of good SAU people!

Got some in-car but haven't had time to edit the footage. Managed to get down to a 1:03.88 which is very respectable for first time there. That made me 6th outright, fastest skyline and 2nd owner/driver. Lots of hired/pro drivers in other cars.

Pffft 1:03s respectable.... It's legendary!!!

Quickest skyline I know of on semi's :P

Really? That's even better then! Just need to beat those pesky silvias ey Boxhead haha.

Have you had yours on the track since SAU nats Steve?

Very nice. What's on the cards for 2013?

Not much unfortunately. Renovating my house and subdividing my block will be a focus for the next couple of months. Gunna do more water skiing and 4x4'ing as its more social and I can involve my girlfriend a lot more. Our drift Sil80 will be ready for march Deca and that should satisfy my racing urges for a bit.

Sadly the racing will have to slow down because over the last 4 years of doing WTAC and similar it's taken me months to recover financially after each event and it's not really sustainable. Having said that I'll still be doing maybe a PIARC day, SAU round(s) and SAU nationals if they're on. WTAC is still a maybe but won't be as full on as the last 2 years if I do make it at all.

As above.

Given that the car and driver combo is a proven performer, I'd be inclined to paint it one colour and try for some sponsorship, could ease the financial burden a bit.

I fully understand the social aspect though, that's often been something I've thought about too. What other hobby could I have that I can do more regularly and involves more people.

Well lets hope you're able to get some support and make wtac again this year - it's great to see a car built on a 'reasonable' budget running so quickly.

Thanks mate.

As above.

Given that the car and driver combo is a proven performer, I'd be inclined to paint it one colour and try for some sponsorship, could ease the financial burden a bit.

I fully understand the social aspect though, that's often been something I've thought about too. What other hobby could I have that I can do more regularly and involves more people.

Paint is on the cards.. Well it has been for 2 years lol.

Boats are cool! V8, friends, good weather! Plus you're close to the Murray.

• 1 month later...

Just read the whole thread Russman! Good work :thumbsup:

I'm running one of the Racepace radiators now and the temps are perfect.... Interested to know your thoughts on the 1.06 TS rear housing and also your gate problem too? :)

Just read the whole thread Russman! Good work :thumbsup:

I'm running one of the Racepace radiators now and the temps are perfect.... Interested to know your thoughts on the 1.06 TS rear housing and also your gate problem too? :)

Yeah RP Radiator is awesome. I've been recommending them since, lots of happy customers. Very cost effective too.

The 1.06 is fantastic. Haven't seen anyone else with the setup yet. Not laggy on the track and pulls hard to redline. Gate problem was actually mostly attributed to manifold. Once we enlarged the gate pipe on the manifold + 50mm gate the problem was fixed.

Was good to meet you guys at Nats last year.

Yeah it was good to meet you breifly too! Got to check out the car in person though, looks so tough on track!

I've been pretty happy with the radiator, they look identical to the ASI cheapies BUT as soon as i fit mine i noticed all the temps dropped which was good!

There isnt many TS setups to compare, Owenliberts 34 was super impressive with the response from the 0.82 housing but the power was held back possibly by the rear housing? When are you hitting full boost (Or when were you at the 350kw)?

Good to know the gate problem was nothing major.... Is yours 2 pipes merging into one of each side of the collector?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...