SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

You election not to go for the 295 Advan Russ?

All that work is a mild waste for a tiny little 265..... :P

Weren't you running 265 on those 34 gtr rims with no guard mods ben??

Weren't you running 265 on those 34 gtr rims with no guard mods ben??

Yes, but with just the mildest of guard mods, a simply rolling was all it took. You saw it and know I speaketh the truth. lol

I've had a change of heart with my car. As I want to do some more tarmac rallies in it now that I can run it in Classic Adelaide, and with that I'm precluded from altering the bodywork.

So I'm going to simply leave the rear as it is, and bolt GTR front gaurds/indicators on the front, use a 20mm spacer to widen the front track, and run 34R wheels with the 265 Advan.

Then it's a simple matter to change it back to Tarmac rally spec just by swapping over to original gaurds and removing the spacer.

Yes, but with just the mildest of guard mods, a simply rolling was all it took. You saw it and know I speaketh the truth. lol

I've had a change of heart with my car. As I want to do some more tarmac rallies in it now that I can run it in Classic Adelaide, and with that I'm precluded from altering the bodywork.

So I'm going to simply leave the rear as it is, and bolt GTR front gaurds/indicators on the front, use a 20mm spacer to widen the front track, and run 34R wheels with the 265 Advan.

Then it's a simple matter to change it back to Tarmac rally spec just by swapping over to original gaurds and removing the spacer.

Will be good to see you driving mate. What time are you aiming for at EC?

I'll be stoked with a sub 2:00......

To be honest though, I may not make it to compete, I need to turn the car around (de-mod etc) and have it back in Adelaide 3 weeks afterward for a tarmac rally..... could be stretching it on my budget and timeframe. Brisbane is miles from Adelaide! lol

Matt from ACE Workshop has been making me a custom exhaust.

It will be a 3.5in system from just after the turbo. It will have the wastegate vented to atmo but will also have a removable recirc pipe if I need to plumb it in.

Here's a pic of it happening.

post-10715-0-92782700-1304922993_thumb.jpg

More

post-10715-0-96804500-1304923059_thumb.jpgpost-10715-0-20001800-1304923474_thumb.jpg

Another problem we encountered was that the injectors we used came with washers/spacers that didn't suit the plenum. ACE Workshop fabricated new ones and it now sits in perfectly :)

post-10715-0-46313500-1304923588_thumb.jpgpost-10715-0-13146300-1304923618_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good work on the guards there Russ, they look great. Are you going to give the beast a lick of paint prior to SL or run it in drift spec?

Ant97GTR, on 18 April 2011 - 03:50 PM, said:

Lol Russ...good work so far mate and I look forward to racing against it on the track (someone has to keep you honest)

You might even find it harder to catch me now

Hahaha you're a good unit Russ :D While I was able to catch you and raise the bar to give you something to aim at last year (after all its nice to have goals isn't it :P) with the extent you are going to with this build, i'm sure the story will be different once our cars are finished. No matter the car there is a big diff between a purpose built, stripped track weapon like yours and a full fat streeter like mine. Give it a couple more years when my kids are old enough to be sitting in a passenger seat, I'll go to town on the R, and it will be ON ;)

I will post a better update soon but it is running and it sounds INSANE with the custom built ACE Workshop exhaust. Got some pics and vids to load up too.

Yeah. Wait till you see the custom work on the plumb back setup. Will take 10 mins to change from external to plumb back. As long as the exhaust is cold :)