SAU Community

Russman's Time Attack Build

Russman

I had the same problem with a 0.82ar gt35, 3.5" exh with a tial 44mm and the gate welded as per Roy's post. The problem & fix are pretty

well documented so I'm surprised you weren't made aware by Kyle when making the purchase.....

The main problem we had when tuning was massive boost creep at higher rpm.

Who is Kyle?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a similar issue with our boost control/ gate/ turbo setup.

Rb25

HKS 264 exahust cam

China intake plenum

6boost t4 twin scroll manifold

custom t4-t4 twin scroll adapter

gt3076r turbo .86 rear

Custom "straight" 3- 3.5" exhaust

Started with a 38mm gate plumbed to both scrolls on the manifold and Profec B controller- would control boost well if throttle was open gently, but would creep up with the revs. Would not control at all if the throttle was snapped on

Tried changing to a 45mm gate- similar issue..

Changed to an eboost 2.. No problems

I think the 38mm gate is a little too small for the rb25 at revs..

I did read that the Profec boost controllers weren't responsive enough for some applications.. What boost control are you using?

^same problem as CMS, 38mm tial, profec b, td06 on a std 20. Changed to a TIAL 44mm but didnt change teh boost controller. Still spiked to 14psi but it wasnt as bad as 22psi with the 38mm,

We're just using a bleed valve. No electronics at all because of simialar issues to what you've said above.

6boost is being modified at the moment by ACE. It looks very impressive and we went for a turbosmart 50mm as well. We wanted to go tial but they only make 44 and 60! Should fix it. Maybe dyno time later this week.

We're just using a bleed valve. No electronics at all because of simialar issues to what you've said above.

6boost is being modified at the moment by ACE. It looks very impressive and we went for a turbosmart 50mm as well. We wanted to go tial but they only make 44 and 60! Should fix it. Maybe dyno time later this week.

i hope the turbosmart gate works as they have a horrid reputation for failing. althoe i havent heard any bad things about the latest gen.

hows the nerves going leading upto Supernap with a fresh setup?

i hope the turbosmart gate works as they have a horrid reputation for failing. althoe i havent heard any bad things about the latest gen.

hows the nerves going leading upto Supernap with a fresh setup?

Yeah turbosmart wasn't first choice but it's the only 50mm that would suit.

Nerves... Dunno. I'll tell you when I turn in to turn 1 at Phillip Island! haha

Might be my only test day although still hoping to have a go at winton also.

pics of the wing!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. sneak preview...

I still haven't seen it all together.

post-10715-0-67578600-1308054403_thumb.jpgpost-10715-0-09727400-1308054496_thumb.jpg

Supports like the one on the right. Had to be beefed up to handle the load.

post-10715-0-05984300-1308054537_thumb.jpg

CF Front diffuser and splitter also on the way...

I think Kyle recommends the 50mm gate now as minimum from what my tuner was saying. I don't know whether it was the gate or ebc that was my problem as i've since sold the setup. They are a good manifold tho

are you planning on adding a gurney flap to that wing? if not I'd seriously consider it.

No wasn't planning to. It will have adjustable pitch though.

are you doing anything to the boot lid to stop it from flexing under load?

Yep it will need massive bracing but I'll worry bout that when it arrives.