SAU Community

Ad's Hr31 Build

• 1 month later...

Not really much an update:

Bough a nismo adjustable fuel pressure reg to up the fuel pressure a little as ill probally use the stock injectors with a bigger turbo, and z32 afm. If not i might try to find some S15 injectors and use them aswell.

09012012328.jpg

Also i have put a deposit on one of these:

IMG_6119.jpg

For the people that don't know its a GTSR manifold and there was probally only 800 - 900 cars made, with maybe a few spare ones in the nissan wearhouse world wide. The guy is in no rush to sell it and hasn't advertised it anywhere i just got lucky when he pm'd me saying he had one :nyaanyaa: . Only problem is it doesn't have a heat shield but i guess i will live.

Hopefully i will have it in a couple of months as i have applyed for my old job back as a second job to bring in some more money.

How so AFAIK RB20 and RB25 exhaust gaskets are the same so wouldn't the manifold's be the same too? I know i will have to re do cooler pipes and the dump pipe but i wasn't aware of anything else, apart from moving loom, rotating the turbo etc.

yea carbon bonnet do it!

Would love one just don't have the coin to get one off you atm Fatz. You should sponsor me one and ill give you even better prices on Genuine Nissan parts? :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Got a few little more goodies over the last month.

Oil temp gauge

Bonnet pins

550cc Jecs injectors

Still saving hard for the GTSR manifold i will have it before i got to Europe. Thinking i might get the turbo i bought off my mate rebuilt and z32 afm sometime later in the year, as my job is looking promicing pay wise with alot of changes happening later on in the year. Wouldn't mind some Tomei pon cams and some other little goodies but ill have to see how we are once we move into our place.

20022012345.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got a package this morning from datberger off the r31skylineclub. Ever since i heard a GTSR i have allways wanted one of the manifolds and now i can safely say i have one! After all the time i spent looking for one he pm'd me saying he has one he might let go, so of course i couldn't pass up the offer. The turbo attached will be the turbo I'm getting high flowed and rebuilt. Couple of pics:

WP_000046.jpg

WP_000049.jpg

Apart from getting the turbo done the only other thing on my list with out it getting even more out of hand is to get the injectors cleaned and flow tested against each other!

Bigger updates to follow at the end of the year :yes: .

• 2 weeks later...

Got one of these from work today! Put it on the old interest free account that keeps on getting higher by the month, i have also ordered the genuine mesh for the other side so it will match. Once i get my front bar off and the hole cut ill give it to my painter to match the paint too the bar and the vent will get a lick of paint!

Ill use the drivers side for the oil cooler and the passanger side for a CAI once i remake the intake pipe up when the manifold/turbo is installed.

WP_000059.jpg

Turbo was sent off to be rebuilt and highflowed on Thursday!

Injectors went down to MTQ on Friday to get cleaned and flow tested.

Front bar will be coming off this weekend and will be ready to take to the painters on Monday morning to have the vent matched.

Also looking into options for a half cage in the back. Still retaining the trims and roof lining just getting rid of the rear seats.

More info and pics to follow next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i got the turbo back from hypergear! Pretty happy with it except my garrett front housing couldn't have been used but ill live.

WP_000088.jpg

WP_000090.jpg

Much larger now but i wont be able to see what it can do until roughly late next year when i have finished building her.

Im saving for a Z32 afm from Ev at Garage 7 currently aswell as a few other little goodies he's going to hook me up with soon!

Next year is the build year so im hoping i will have 99 percent of everything i want with little spending on other parts. But we all know how that will end up...

As the weeks tick down until Europe the funds dry up! Hoping everything will work out though.

• 4 months later...

Well i haven't updated this in ages a quick run down. Im back from Europe and about to move into our place so once my shed is built its game on for the old girl. Parts i have collected over the last few months are:

Powersteering cooler with push on hose

Nardi deep corn with blue stitching. Boss kit

Bride vio fixed seat

Harness

30mm RCA

Factory Nissan vent mesh aswell as the drivers side vent. Thanks to work

Braided brake lines and clutch line

Surge tank set up

Solid steering bush

S15 adj front links, D bushs, link bushs front and rear. Rear controll arm bushs

Maybe a few other things but thats all i can think of for now. II have some Tomei pon cams and an 044 pump lined up in the next few weeks thanks to a SAU member!

I have a rather expensive list made up that has some really nice goodies that i would like to get now i have freed up some cash!!

WP_000239.jpg

Only a weekends work :whistling:

I moved the old girl into the carport of our place for the time been until the shed gets built. After not driving her for well over a year i was excited to drive her there so i borrowed the trade plate one Friday night just to make sure i would make it haha.

Apart from that i really cannot wait to get stuck in and start making it all come together!!!

Stay tuned.

Recieved all my bushes and s15 adjustable links yesterday. I can add +/- 0.25 camber and toe this shall help with my fitment as the rear tyres are scrubbing the guards, ill also be doing some light guard work to help them fit in a little better. I think the only bushes i have left to do is the rack from memory.

WP_000278.jpg

I also picked up last week some Hel braided brake lines front and rear, clutch line, 4M of push on hose for my surge tank and powersteering cooler aswell as a variety of -8N speedflow fittings for the surge setup. All thanks to Evan at G7.

WP_000267_zps4e865dfc.jpg

Thanks mate. Some big updates and progress to come in the next few months once i settle into our new place! I can't wait to get her out again and go for a squirt through the hills on a low key cruise. Keen to do some track days too with the SAU boys but only time will tell.

Aiming for AJD 2014 for the revile after been in a "build" (if you can call it a build) over the last few years!