SAU Community

S A U N S W - Wakefield Trackday Number 2 For 2011

N1GTR

:( so sad.. it's one of the few cars that can keep the two fast rotors at bay.

Hoping tk80 is coming out again.

Theres a few more quick rotors entered for this one :banana:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just putting this out there to anyone interested is that I have a set of Toyo R888s 265/35ZR18 97Y that i will probably not use BRAND NEW.

if someone want/needs them for this weekend let me know and well talk $$$$.

Thanks

Nick

yeah its a bit of a pain but I just don't have the space to fix it while i am building the house. Pretty sure tk80 is out too....cage is half finished :(

On the good side dnissi will be there to keep them honest....he was only a tenth behind me all day and I'm sure will be looking to go faster this time.

i'll be there flying the flag for the nissan badge ;)

so no chasing me for pb's this time duncan :P

should be a good weekend, can't wait :D

do you have a CAMS or AASA license?

My understanding is for a CAMS license you need to present it with a membership card, AASA no. If you are buying one on the day it'll be AASA.

Edited by gregor

I've got both so I'll just use the AASA, but I was more concerned with signing on and the officials trying to make me pay the non-members price because I didn't have a valid members card.

I was more concerned with signing on and the officials trying to make me pay the non-members price because I didn't have a valid members card.

I'm in the same boat - fully paid up as a member but with no membership card or t-shirt or even a sticker to prove it ! I'm hoping Shell is around on the day so I can deflect any questions her way (sorry Shell!)

Unfortunately we haven't had enough interest in the photography DVD for it to be a go'er. Remember folks our photographers come out and trek all over the track to get lots of good angles, then they spend 2-3 days touching up the photos to make sure you get the best product.

We only got 5 people raising interest. I will raise this at the AGM. If we want to continue to have this option as a club then we need to find a way to make sure they get enough to cover expenses and a few extra bucks for their time. Otherwise we are just asking them to do charity work for us.

I'll be there shooting some video for the club to make a video since I'm sidelined.

Unfortunately we haven't had enough interest in the photography DVD for it to be a go'er. Remember folks our photographers come out and trek all over the track to get lots of good angles, then they spend 2-3 days touching up the photos to make sure you get the best product.

We only got 5 people raising interest. I will raise this at the AGM. If we want to continue to have this option as a club then we need to find a way to make sure they get enough to cover expenses and a few extra bucks for their time. Otherwise we are just asking them to do charity work for us.

I'll be there shooting some video for the club to make a video since I'm sidelined.

Awwwww damn.... come on guys! These are great photos!!! Pretty damn cheap as well for what you get :(

Ah the joys of owning a modified import. So my brother little pulsar is having cooling issues that we haven't been able to sort in time so it's not going to make. As a result we're going to double enter my car. Do I just need to sort this out with the scrutineers on the day or do I need to contact someone prior?

You should email or call Don as that affects speed group allocation. His number should be on the emails you got about entry and email is on the entry form. I'll follow up with him when I see him later too.

That's a shame Eric, But I wouldn't expect the photographers to work for nothing.

Has anyone asked RENEW if they are interested or if they have a photographer coming to the track?

It is pretty cheap for what you get.

That's a shame Eric, But I wouldn't expect the photographers to work for nothing.

Has anyone asked RENEW if they are interested or if they have a photographer coming to the track?

It is pretty cheap for what you get.

I'm good for another $35 for this photography if it means we can get them there...

We had a similar problem with numbers last event too. Matt did a post on the Renew site but didn't get any response at all.

I plan to discuss this at the SAU General Meeting as the photographers do such a great job, but asking them to spend 3 days doing photos for very little isn't a fair deal. I will try to propose a few alternatives to the club so that we can retain their awesome services.

But this time we will be sans SAU club photography.

Be sure to come to the AGM to voice your opinion on our options.