SAU Community

Rubbing The Guard

Hey guys I own an HCR32 gtst and I'm having an issue.

Car has had a distinct creek In the front right of the car when hitting bumps and going up driveways. The noise is comming from the top of the wheel guard and just recently has been causing the guard to scrape on the wheel when hitting bumps or turning left at more then about 30km/h.

I have checked all the bushes and they are fine as the person I bought the car off had replaced them about 6 months ago.

Can anyone steer me In the right direction on what to check or look for. I have searched the forums and most of Everyones problems are bush and spring related. Both of these are less then 12 months old on the car so I'm looking for other options.

is the car lowered ??

if its a tire scrub go for a drive, make it scrub and then check on the outside of the guard (lip) where its scrubbing as there should be black rubber dirt

if its scrub on the lip then you may have to get it rolled (the lip is rolled straight or as close to straight as possible giving you more clearance)

When i lowered mine it would scrub on the rears and front when going over bumps or cornering at over about 30 so i blamed the tire joint and they rolled the guards for free and no more scrub :)

Yes the car has been lowered. It's scrubbing on the outide of the tyre due to the camber. Guards are not rolled but the front left tyre does not rub at all. So there must be something else that is causing the right side to sag a little more.