SAU Community

Need Help With R33 I Just Bought

tammy

Why does everyone keep saying I'm up for a re build? I don't boot the car because it's pinging so you don't need to worry about detonation blowing up the engine because status is tuning it monday. All I want to do is figure out what this noise is so please forget about the pinging :)

No that isn't my car it's my friends yt account and it's his friends skyline. Last I checked I wasn't an asian male and neither is my bf

Why does everyone keep saying I'm up for a re build? I don't boot the car because it's pinging so you don't need to worry about detonation blowing up the engine because status is tuning it monday. All I want to do is figure out what this noise is so please forget about the pinging :)

No that isn't my car it's my friends yt account and it's his friends skyline. Last I checked I wasn't an asian male and neither is my bf

[qu

He tuned it to 247 fwkw. Imagine the difference. It broke traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

WHOAR! Must do mean 11's lol.

Im gonna be different and say that seeing as in the video it only did it on start up, and when you blipped the throttle that it might have something to do with the clutch bearing.

Hunting out noises is a PITA i know. Mine had this:

This kind of noise scared me enough before SAU told me it needed a rebuild.. lol

Idler and Tension pulleys. Goneburger. :)

Good luck! Make sure you post up results incase someone else finds the same noise!

Edited by gotRICE?

This kind of noise scared me enough before SAU told me it needed a rebuild.. lol

Idler and Tension pulleys. Goneburger. :)

Good luck! Make sure you post up results incase someone else finds the same noise!

f**k! Mine makes those exact same sounds!

OK so took it to get tuned today. Good posibility that noise was due to the fact that the fuel regulator was Fkd.

Will let you know if the noise is gone when I replace it :)

Yeah i can kinda gather that there is a sound in there similar to mine, but it sounds a whole lot worse!

I cant see how the stock FPR could make a sound like that, but it will be interesting to see.

wow that is wierd!

Love it when you fix horrible noises with something so simple!

Although.. with mine it wasnt "so simple" attacking the whole front of the car to do the timing belt and related bits lol!

Well done :)

that would have sucked :-( so relieved, Cant wait to get the tune finished on monday to get the some power into it :-)

Edited by tammy