SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Ignitor Help!

Nissan Girl

AFAICT an ignitor is just a transistor (so in early skylines the ignitor pack contains 6 transistors) but it might also contain some capacitors to "tune" the circuit. Transistor = electronically controlled switch. Similar in function to a relay. So yeah switches power to the coilpacks.

Did ur car stall? Did it all of a sudden just not start? Need some details.

An ignitor amplifies a weak signal from the computer to a stronger signal to make the coilpacks send a spark to the plugs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• TCU is enroute, should be here on Monday. Have just paid for a transmission locally, they've got to pull it out of the car and should be with me on Friday. Just getting little bits and pieces I need for wiring. Thinking about using a small bulkhead connector to run the transmission wiring through the tunnel as the trans plug is quite big.  So all going well i should have the box dummy fitted up next weekend and start wiring.
    • sure, just PM me your email....
    • Haha likewise, take my shit box for a spin and maybe you'll end up wanting a R33 shit box again lol...  
    • @Jasoncauser looks like a tight technical track, and definitely fun! Let's hope I make it to that day 😎  
    • The springs just lets the valve bleed off pressure/oil and it bypasses the feed gallery and heads back to where the pickup feed is On the LS the oil gets the the bearings...eventually  This vid explains the OEM pump well IRT the pressure release valve and how the bypass works The oil pressure light coming on intamitantly could just be a sticky valve, but, why pull something apart and not put something better in  I believe the low oil pressure light comes on somewhere between 5-10 psi Well will stick a gauge in after the installation to see what difference it makes at hot idle and higher RPM, and by high RPM I mean 6300 RPM.....LOL