SAU Community

Best 6 Point Harness

handbrake

Looking for reviews on what you guys reckon are the best 6 point harness straps out there.

My Velo 3 inch harness is very tricky to tighten and loosen. The buckle mechanism releases ok it's just the strap adjusters that give me grief. I am after something with a smoother easier mechanism.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

yeah RPM ones are not bad,. but my fav are the willans with the quick adjusters. they are very nice harnesses and not silly money either. I always buy willans these days. takata are nice too but a bit pricey in aus.

I preferred my Willans Harness to my current OMP as the adjusters were easier to use. I believe the Radical has Schroths (branded as Radical) and they are also very nice to adjust, so those two would be my choice.

yep willans definitely the nicest imo. and they are the only ones I've seen that have true 3 inch snap ends. all other brands reduce down at the snap ends to 2 inch (harness gets folded through the snap end) where as willans run big 3 inch ends on their 3 inch harnesses. makes sense to me though the ends can be a bit builky...

one other thing I like about the willans stuff is in 6 point form you can have a single strap (5 point) a T strap (6 point) or a V strap (6 point) as the different shapes squash your nuts in different ways so you can chose which ever one accommodates your frank and beans best.

I have heard the adjuster on the schroth is good

so the willans is also a go?

will try to find some to check out. the Velo ones I have are ok in the quick release mechanism but the strap length adjuster is not a smooth easy to use mechanism and requires much dicking around

yeah willans are great. I mean all they make is safety belts so you can be sure they do it well to have remained in business so long. most of the other companies safety belts are just a small part of their business.

I preferred my Willans Harness to my current OMP as the adjusters were easier to use. I believe the Radical has Schroths (branded as Radical) and they are also very nice to adjust, so those two would be my choice.

Sorry, made an error above. They're made by SABELT not SCHROTH, and I would recommend them for sure.

But as Richard has said you can't go wrong with Willans.

this got me thinking about a new harness for my car and just looking at the willans site they have more options for crutch strap. they have the T style, the V style, the also have one where the crutch strap goes through loops in the lap straps and then hook around the shoulder straps where they meet the rotary buckle (it's called 'loop and D type' and is what is used in all the single seater harnesses).

it seems they only do the I type crutch srap with nascar harnesses as a 7th point, or as an option on the regular harnesses but it's not FIA approved. probably a good thing as it's not the most comfortable, maybe for the girls.....

I think from experience the loop and d style is pretty comfy but a bit of a pain to do up in a hurry (as you have to guide the shoudler straps through the loops). the T type is ok, but the T buckle can dig in a bit especially if you have a bit of a front porch on your gut. V type is good too and easy to do up in a hurry as you can order them with the rotary quick release permanently attached to the V strap (or choice of left or right lap strap if you want). it's buckle can dig in a bit too like the T type but from memory the buckle is not as wide.

My SABELT is a pain in the ass and it's only a 4 point... The strap adjustment is annoying especially if you are in/out of it all day @ something like a motorkhana.

Wouldn't be too bad if you were doing 5-6 sessions @ a track day i suppose.

i like this one the best, seems well designed.

post-8233-0-99383200-1305199361_thumb.jpg

But seriously the Willans i have found is very good and easy to do up quickly and stays tight.

I cant identify the quick release on that one, might be located on the front though

few votes for Willans here. will source a shop to try one out.

thanks for all the imput guys