SAU Community

Annual General Meeting For Members

If you're a Member, please access the NSW Members' Thread about the SAU.NSW AGM that's scheduled for 2pm 29th May at West Ryde Hotel.

We'd like our ACT Bros and Siss to keep our state's support strong! Umm, Princesss too I guess...

Move it closer to Canberra and you might get a few takers one year :)

That Jimmy Richards Dinner was great, but a bit of a bummer having to leave half way through to drive 4 hours back to Canberra to get some sleep before work. Maybe these things could be on a Saturday night for those who don't live so close?

I think this is because the track day is on the Saturday.

I have to admit, the Sunday factor was the reason that I didn't go to the Jim Richards dinner but I think that since we knowingly joined SAU NSW then this type of thing is going to happen sometimes.

It was a general comment Kat.

However NSW incorporates places further away then the ACT, that thing around us is NSW. Even the Newcastle guys complain things are too far away.

Yeah I know but they're in a rock and a hard place trying to please everyone.

On Saturdays there are heaps of people that won't go due to sporting or work commitments and then on Sundays it's a little harder for us that are not in Sydney. At least we can still go.

Move it closer to Canberra and I'm sure the Central Coast guys wouldn't be too impressed and vice versa.

I'm thinking of heading to Wakie for a look then road tripping up to Sydney to stay overnight in prep for this.

If anyone is keen for a road trip let me know. I haven't decided where I'll stay yet but the prerequisite for me is that it must have secure overnight parking so we don't have to worry about the cars :)

• 5 weeks later...

It was a general comment Kat.

However NSW incorporates places further away then the ACT, that thing around us is NSW. Even the Newcastle guys complain things are too far away.

Just noticed this comment

We cant please everyone, but we try to nonetheless.

Just noticed this comment

We cant please everyone, but we try to nonetheless.

Never can, until more ACT members turn up to local things, can't really ask Sydney people to come closer.

I can't see why quarterly meetings at August, November, February can't be run at different venues.

And I wouldn't expect Novocastrians to go to a Canberra meeting any more than Canberrans go to a Newcastle one.

However, goodwill would be the positive spinoff would it not? :action-smiley-069:

B-b-but you're not a "Member" >_<

I expect you to be one, if the roadshow comes to the Capital. :yes:

Sydneyites can be such lazy bums. I'm from the Blue Mtns myself, as you can see! :woot: