SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Adr Approved Seat Rails For R33

looking through the search function i have found many results for adr approved seats, which is all good and well but you can still get defected for the rails does anybody have a supplier for the rails that are adr approved and bolt in?

found the just jap ones but no mention of adr approval :(

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17834&cat=282&page=1

and the autotechnica ones look the same way

http://purchasenet.com.au/shopping/autotecnica-seat-rail-nissan-r3233-gtst-skyline-p-1982.html

They may be ADR approved but most of these rails require some modification to fit properly.

If you are driving a skyline the seat rails are the last of your worries.

They may be ADR approved but most of these rails require some modification to fit properly.

If you are driving a skyline the seat rails are the last of your worries.

Unless you crash or someone crashes into you and your modified seat rails snap and you or a passenger gets injured but the insurance wont cover it, ect ect..

I got a rail for a Sparco at Revolution Race Gear which was OK (not good but still better than most after market rails) and it bolted straight up, then get it engineered and see if it passes, or even ring a engineer and see what they recommend first.

Or just buy R32/33 GTR seats if you are not using a harness or R34 GTR seats if you are using a harness, unless its a R34GTT which would suck as nothing fits..

• 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• That's somewhat of a mixed message or confabulation of two different things. Point 1. Yes, it is generally a bad idea to tap anything into the FPR connection because when it goes wrong the lean condition is very destructive. No, it doesn't go wrong often, but when it does, it is usually because the ignorance of the failure mode is combined with sufficient general ignorance that the failure becomes more likely through ineptitude. Thus, it is generally easier to simply say "don't do it" than try to have a nuanced discussion. Point 2. The Neo's boost sensor "failure mode" should you tap into its connection and have that connection fail is not severe at all. But this is where the confabulation occurs, because you made it sound like tapping into the FPR on a Neo was not as bad. There wasn't any need to bring the Neo's boost sensor up as it was lacking in relevance, even with its previous mention in this thread. /pedant mode.
    • A few things to consider: Is there a good quality aftermarket replacement arm which already has new bushings but also adjustable camber? Rather than the eccentric bolt? Many years ago I replaced all my bushings front and rear with superpro polyurethane bushings. Sure they've been fine. But the castor isn't adjustable and is slightly out, the camber adjustment bolts aren't the greatest and most secure way of adjusting them. If I were to do them again I'd probably just replace the arms with aftermarket ones. I used a 5 ton press to get everything out. The biggest pain is having a wide selection of metal pipe pieces that are strong enough to press things out with. The rear hub bushings gave me PTSD.
    • It will work when it works, the problem is what happens when it doesn't work. The failure mode of the FPR hose popping off is bad news if you get into boost. If you tee it off the factory boost gauge instead in most RBs it's just a gauge instead of being used in the ECU. Even in the turbo NEOs the failure mode is not as bad as it would otherwise be, the ECU uses MAFs primarily and the MAP sensor is mostly for transient handling and overboost protection.
    • Yes you are right. Even conservatively one for 10 years, it would last 1000 years. The Alibaba suplier offer a sample for US$100.