SAU Community

Power Source For Ebc?

Have a quick question, just on finding a ignition power source for an electronic boost controller, I've searched several times but not found it answered. Mounting the unit in the centre console din pocket, what would be the best 12v power source to tap it into? Would the cigarette lighter socket be ok, or is there a better option? I used the ecu wiring when mounting my avcr in my other car, but this is a profec b 2 and just needs power and ground, so would prefer not to butcher my untouched ecu wiring. Thanks :)

I wouldn't use the cigarette lighter if you use it for things like GPS, phone charger, etc. It tends to blow fuses when you put too much load on it. You can use the power source for the little ring of light around the cigarette lighter if you prefer, I used that to wire my gauges.

Or there are plenty of other ignition wires behind the dash :)

ahh ok thanks. The wiring side of things is most definitely not my specialty lol. The cig lighter doesn't seem to work at all, which is why i was thinking it would be no big deal if I stole its power source for something else....unless there's a problem with the actual supply to the unit.....in which case I'm in trouble : /

I used the power source for the headunit. 13 months on in both skylines and no popped fuses. My headunit also has a large LCD and still runs mint. If t really does concern you use any old igniion wire as trigger on a relay and run dedicated power.