SAU Community

Good Driving Roads Of Nsw

Neil

I was thinking the other day,,,we need a listing on good Cruise sites. We all wonder where to go to next.

Heres some off the top of my aging head:-

Royal National Park (Nasho).

Nasho then down the coast to the Gong.

Putty Road (to Singleton).

Old Gosford Road or Old Pacific Hwy(Yumm).

Bells Line of Road. (More Yumm).

Tallowa Dam (Kangaroo Valley).

Batemans Bay (Especially Shell's Way).

McCarrs Creek Road (PranK's)

Akuna Bay

Wee Jasper (out the back of Yass,,,overnight one).

Anybody else got some????..

Neil.

Mc Carrs Creek Rd

Old Pacific Hwy

Galston Gorge

Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Rd (Bobbin Head)

(all pretty short cruzes)

Lakes Way ( i think) to Forster/Tuncurry

Bulladehla Mtn (fairly nth)

Putty Rd Rocks tho - that was so much fun !

Originally posted by Duncan What about the mini-cruise road - Henley Marine drive around the bay at Five Dock/Drummoyne

heh, that's where I took my car for it's test drive! It was a done deal by the first corner :)

Today I took the bike through the Nasho, down the coast, up Macquarie Pass, down Jamberoo Mt Road then back up the Princes Hwy. 320 km round trip. Recommend it. :P

For those not worried about a bit of travel, you can't go past The Alpine Way- Jindabyne to Khancoban (guaranteed to bring on car sickness in even the most resistant of passengers!).

A personal all time favourite is also the Great Ocean Road, particularly between Anglesea and Apollo Bay- great if you can avoid the tour buses and hire cars.

A word of warning about Tallawarah Dam at Kangeroo Valley- watch out for the water board trucks with radar guns (I'm sure Duncan would be happy to retell that little story!).

Kel

There's a really fun drive just off the northern road at Narallen, only about 2.6klm long, but you can always drive around again:D Not for cruising though.

(Sorry, which water board truck was that, thread hijacker:chairshot "I have no recollection of these events")

Oh he of the short memory.....

Duncan has the fame of perhaps being the ONLY person ever pulled up for speeding by a water board truck.

We were camping down at Kangeroo Valley when he

tried to set the land speed record in an old yellow datsun (yes there was a day before the blue skyser).

Unfortunately a water board truck had set up a speed trap on the dirt road (or just happened to be passing by, depending on which story you believe) and caught up with him about 5 minutes later.

Duncan (boy racer) was lucky to escape with a stern warning and the threat of having his rego number reported to the local constabulary......

Kelly (12 points) Handley was left with a smug "I told you it was a bad idea" look on her face.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I definately have to agree with Alpine Way...... now that's an awesome drive!

but closer to home Maquarie Pass, near the gong can be fun.. there is a plethera of large drift corners to choose from!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mt. panorama

i live in sydney now but i am originally country boy from Bathurst.

Mt pan is a public road, and if you do it right you can get a real good run across the top.

just watch out for the cop on conrod on the way down!!!

• 1 month later...

Springwood/hawksbery road... is mad 3kms of hill climb. Mixture of 2nd and 3rd gear corners and hair pins... tight and twisty... top bit of road... and just happens to be on my way home!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mrfrontmount

mt. panorama

i live in sydney now but i am originally country boy from Bathurst.

Mt pan is a public road, and if you do it right you can get a real good run across the top.

just watch out for the cop on conrod on the way down!!!

You're from Bathurst? Heh, me to. Learnt to drive on the mount. I always love coming over the top of skyline down into the esses.. Just a cool feeling to suddenly see this curvy road appear below you.

You're right about conrod though.. Never a safe place to speed anywhere on that straight. And if you're not on the brakes the whole way down, then you're bound to get done for doing 80..

Came around the chase once slightly sideways with a couple of mates... And just behind the tyre wall with his radar pointed up the straight was constable care. I was doing 50 down the straight, so he just let me go :D

The nasho run is pretty cool... I do it about once a month, but it's never been dry :)

On the hunter valley cruise, I quite enjoyed the Pacific highway between just north of Sydney and Gosford.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever been to a place called the Coal Loader at the steel works down in wollongong? Is basically 2 or 3k's of dead straight road along the steel works that you can see from the lighthouse in the gong. The Road is basically only used by the odd Coal truck or fisherman. Very good spot for some Demos/fly bys. Only problem is there is one road in and out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Airzone

Came around the chase once slightly sideways with a couple of mates... And just behind the tyre wall with his radar pointed up the straight was constable care. I was doing 50 down the straight, so he just let me go :)

Hmmm... I have a vauge recollection of such events Mr. Airzone.. I cant believe you got out of that points free :)

What car did you drive around in Bathurst MrFrontMount ?

My fav bit on the mount..... right hand side of the road at the top of the dipper, punch it through the apex and then apex the next corner (you can see for oncoming) by the time you reach the right hander before forest elbow your doing over 120 then hard on the brakes.... mmmm, nothing like it.

Twisties between Lithgow and Bathurst (Tarana Road) has got to be one of my favorites !

Cant go past Mt. Victora Pass and River lett hill on the Great Western Highway too..

:burnout: