SAU Community

Good Driving Roads Of Nsw

Neil

Bells Line of Road - watch the speedo tho as lots of Police, but still fun at the speed limit and awesome views.

Mitchells Pass in the Blue MTs, Mt York - again good at the speed limit, but watch for big arse trucks who like to wander over all the lanes.

Cliff Drive from Leura, Katoomba, and then back to the highway is a beautiful drive with some awesome views.

Putty Roads rocks

Springwood/Hawkesbury Road love it too Dan!

And one I did the other days was the back way from Penrith/Mulgoa through Wallacia, the Oaks, Hill Top and back onto the Hume or comeback through Picton.

MB

• 2 weeks later...

sydney-nowra

sydney - berry (bloody great pie shop down there)

sydney - hartley village/valley (on the way to oberon, past katoomba)

bankstown - punchbowl - lakemba (keep your doors locked and windows shut)... just kidding :D

Cronulla - Avalon

Sydney - Canberra and/or Jyndebine (spelling?)?

When i think of some more i'll post em.

got one ...

meet at parramatta park from there cruise down the great western highway to penrith to the regatta centre , where they did the rowing for the olympics , pretty good drive if you hav heaps of cars

i do this cruise 5days a week,im keen if other Lines want to aswell.

• 5 months later...

sum up of all roads, twisties whateva you wanna call them,

OXLEY HIGHWAY from the roundabout at pacific hwy port maquarie, 280 km of NON STOP 35KM/45KM corners, followed by a 26KM straight road, NO POT HOLES guarranteed.

You get to WALCHA, left at roundabout on BUCKETTS WAY thru the national park, hill climb of 1678m, hahahahahah, non stop twisties, another 200km u get to GLOUCESTER, and then cruise onto the pacific highway at raymond terrace and down the F3 home,

BEST CRUISE GUARRANTEED, if you find btter let us know

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Being from Wollongong, I'd have to back up Mac Pass!

I've done Kanga twice.

Once in a Lancer VRX (Passenger) and then a second time in a 320KW GTR... That made me shit myself...

The road from Wollongong up to Bald Hill isn't bad, except you need some speed to enjoy it, and hence, I no longer do in the line (I won't speed on it) But hit Bald Hill and continue up through Nasho, even just "cruising" with a bit of spirit into/out of corners... Hell fun. I don't find it all that hard on the car either, except for one off camber, under signposted corner... That one sweeps on just a little bit and gets the car un settled.

• 4 weeks later...

Organising a cruise myself for anyone interested in january........ problem is that we need a good road and destination...... so far we are going on the 13th of january from mt panorama bathurst along the great western hwy to lithgow, along Bells line to richmond to meet up with anyone waiting there, and continuing to wisemans ferry.......... so anyone got any ideas and wants to tag along?????????????

Hi

If you create a thread you will get interest for the cruise :(

This thread is used for routes and destinations - and its not really read very often so not many people will see your cruise

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Have an interesting challenge/Test for the driver in everyone???????

National Park (Nasho)

The challenge/Test of SKILL:

Audeley Weir to Stanwell Park service way. AVERAGE (not do) 50kph or better for the entire trip and NOT CROSS the centre of the road once, stay on the correct side of the road at all times.

IF your honest with yourself????? you will find it's not an easy task and ANYONE that claims it's easy, I would like to see how easy they did it.

Cheers, D

Hmmm- interesting, but, Nasho is crap, basically. The road inside the park is atrociously maintained.

p.s look out for reindeer :sleep:

Have never encountered a reindeer on the main road through the park in my life. Have done on the dirt & side roads but never on the main road.

As for surface condition? Who cares & not the issue, your averaging 50k! And the worst maintained parts are in the tight sections and over 60kph is impossible when sticking within the rules.

Have a go if your game???? Either your up to it or not?????

I know of an EH Holden that did the run from Crown/Keira St's intersection to Sutherland station via the coast road (National Park) @ 0300 hours in 26 minutes.

Maybe you would like to try this instead ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

learnt to drive on Bobbin head rd/Ku Ring Gai Chase Rd. Awesome rd. Used to be quite good at it in my pulsar. Havent much been up there in my S.

I wouldnt recommend Galston Gourge for more than a lazy sunday drive.. its a VERY narrow rd. Had an FD fly around a corner and nearly went head on. Quite scary.

Comenara is a half decent rd. good for a lazy drive.

and PALM BEACH!!! OH! WHAT A ROAD! Palm beach Via St. Ives (Max Brenor). Its pretty lazy, till you hit the twisties :wave:

• 3 months later...

Man U Guys Are So Luky I Still Got 2 Years Until Im Old Enough To Buy A Skyline ANd GEt My P's I Just Want To DO A Cruise And Feel THe POwer Of A Skyline

• 2 months later...

How about some fun roads within Sydney?

The Comenarra Parkway from Pennant Hills to North Ryde has some nice sections ...

Or Wakehurst Parkway from Davidson to Narrabeen?