SAU Community

Good Driving Roads Of Nsw

Neil

2009 cruise from bryan

my r31 white gts syline will be finished in may 2009 and i was thinking about going on a cruise from

meeting place for everyone at Shelly Beach then cruise to Foster maybe cruise back through Glouster cross to Buckets Way cruise to Nelson Bay overnight then back home the next day.

Let me know what you think you can message me on

[email protected]

bryan

I was thinking the other day,,,we need a listing on good Cruise sites. We all wonder where to go to next.

Heres some off the top of my aging head:-

Royal National Park (Nasho).

Nasho then down the coast to the Gong.

Putty Road (to Singleton).

Old Gosford Road or Old Pacific Hwy(Yumm).

Bells Line of Road. (More Yumm).

Tallowa Dam (Kangaroo Valley).

Batemans Bay (Especially Shell's Way).

McCarrs Creek Road (PranK's)

Akuna Bay

Wee Jasper (out the back of Yass,,,overnight one).

Anybody else got some????..

Neil.

who on earth is this "ndr" you are quoting.

I once knew a Obi Wan Kenobi. I wonder if old Ben Kenobi knows him.

anyway....sounds like a good but long drive there Bryan. We are heading off on a Putty Rd Cruise in 2 weeks which should be a good warm up.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Mitchells Pass in the Blue MTs,

Mitchell's Pass Rd is closed indefinitely.

Hawkesbury Rd/Springwood Rd speed limits are now reduced to 80 or 60 with only a short strip of 100 at the base of Hawkesbury Hts.

I also endorse "The Gang Of Four" down south...

1) Up Macquarie Pass (Illawarra Hwy) > Robertson Pie Shop

2) Down Jamberoo Pass (Jamberoo Mountain Rd) > Kiama

3) Up Kangaroo Valley Rd from Berry > Kangaroo Valley

4) Down Cambewarra Mountain (Nowra Rd) > Bombaderry

It's a set = "Gang Of Four"

Definitely best done in the early morning as Shaun quoted - or as a night drive (if there's no ice or wet autumn leaves on the tarmac).

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone just wanted to no what good driving roads we have in nsw.

My personal favourite is going from maitland to gresford then to dungog and onto the bucketts way through to taree. Plenty of hills and twisties bit rough but still a good drive.

Please share your experiences???

http://www.motorcycleridingschool.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=55389

Nasho is arse now, as are a lot of other good roads, speed limits dropped from 100 to 60, There are still some good roads but you need to drive for hours to get there, Snowy Mountain ranges are my fav.

Neil's got an old thread somewhere here about this topic...

But hey...

Try... very early morning... or late at night...

A set of 4

From Albion Park...

* Up Macquarie Pass to Robertson >

* Down Jamberoo Mountain Rd to Kiama > proceed south a bit to Berry >

* Up Kangaroo Valley Rd to Kangaroo Valley South >

* Down Cambewarra Mountain Rd to Bombaderry > come back up north to Sydney

And as Chris said...

* Old Pacific Hwy and...

* Putty Road to Singleton

Neil's got an old thread somewhere here about this topic...

But hey...

Try... very early morning... or late at night...

A set of 4

From Albion Park...

* Up Macquarie Pass to Robertson >

* Down Jamberoo Mountain Rd to Kiama > proceed south a bit to Berry >

* Up Kangaroo Valley Rd to Kangaroo Valley South >

* Down Cambewarra Mountain Rd to Bombaderry > come back up north to Sydney

And as Chris said...

* Old Pacific Hwy and...

* Putty Road to Singleton

Just to add on Terry's "Set of 4". You have to be VERY careful when doing these. The ONLY one of these roads I haven't come across Kangaroos on is Macquarie Pass. Everywhere else is full of them! (I nearly took two out in one go on Jamberoo Mountain Road 5 nights ago and I was 20 under the limit on the straightest bit of road on this trip)

Matt's on the money ^ ^ ^

We also recommend care on moist roads there (on that set of 4) in autumn where leaves have covered the road - if your car is not AWD

Also, natio park, look out for the kangaroo and deer... Stupid Deer are suicidal!

Yep definitely watch out for those deer (at night mostly) down through the National park.

I'd add Bells Line of Rd from Richmond/Kurrajong to Bell / Mt Victoria.

Edited by God_speed

And some caves at the end...

Hey Dale, we need some vid from the Grand Arch with RB exhausts and Xenons going thru there at 2Km/Hr. :thumbsup:

Yes, Bells Line of Road is great when Police aren't hiding in the bushes, laying in wait for cars coming down a steep hill 1.5 km east of Mt Tomah Gardens :whistling:

An extension of the Jenolan Caves rd drive which I drove on the Easter Weekend down to the Nissan/Datsun Nationals from Hartley down to Goulburn, a beautiful drive through State Pine Forests with very little traffic. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hartley,+New+South+Wales&daddr=Goulburn,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&geocode=FZQmAP4d6X3zCCl_tp5shQsSazGAY0OQtAkGBA%3BFV6v7f0dU4bsCCmXDH5LzLEWazHg3UOQtAkGBA&mra=ls&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=67.281839,133.681641&ie=UTF8&z=9

Sorry the HTTP address is long but if you copy and paste it into your browser it will give you times ,distances and directions. An alternate to this is go to Google Maps and find "Get Directions" and type in "A" Hartley then "B" Goulburn. It says about 3 hours but I drove from Medlow Bath down to Goulburn via this route and it took 2.5 hours with a toilet stop.

An extension of the Jenolan Caves rd drive which I drove on the Easter Weekend down to the Nissan/Datsun Nationals from Hartley down to Goulburn, a beautiful drive through State Pine Forests with very little traffic. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hartley,+New+South+Wales&daddr=Goulburn,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&geocode=FZQmAP4d6X3zCCl_tp5shQsSazGAY0OQtAkGBA%3BFV6v7f0dU4bsCCmXDH5LzLEWazHg3UOQtAkGBA&mra=ls&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=67.281839,133.681641&ie=UTF8&z=9

Sorry the HTTP address is long but if you copy and paste it into your browser it will give you times ,distances and directions. An alternate to this is go to Google Maps and find "Get Directions" and type in "A" Hartley then "B" Goulburn. It says about 3 hours but I drove from Medlow Bath down to Goulburn via this route and it took 2.5 hours with a toilet stop.

Last year I rode shotgun on a MX-5 drive that took that route. Was a very long day but the drive was fantastic! The driver was also kind enough to let me drive Mac Pass and RNP on the way home (she may or may not have been exhausted :laugh:)

5029581034_b85fef4e35_z.jpg

• Like 1

Just north of Newcastle past Raymond Terrace, Buckets Way through Gloucester, Walcha/Uralla. Then you're close enough to Armidale or Tamworth. Long drive. No traffic. Bendy bits and open bits :)

I don't like Old Pac. Too busy and not enough visibility.