SAU Community

Good Driving Roads Of Nsw

Neil

Galston Gorge; can continue on and go north through Arcadia to Berowra but can't take a car that's too low over the Berowra ferry. Galston Gorge is also better as a hillclimb with a car that has a shorter wheelbase - like a Clio Sport :) You get lots of nice exhaust echo off the walls.

Yes, Bells Line of Road is great when Police aren't hiding in the bushes, laying in wait for cars coming down a steep hill 1.5 km east of Mt Tomah Gardens :whistling:

Not so bad if you're driving someone else's car... :rolleyes: unless you get pulled over. >_<

Last year I rode shotgun on a MX-5 drive that took that route. Was a very long day but the drive was fantastic! The driver was also kind enough to let me drive Mac Pass and RNP on the way home (she may or may not have been exhausted :laugh:)

Looks awesome!

For a little drive, the drive to just jap isn't bad once you're off the f**king hume highway. River road/banglor pass or what ever is alright but doesn't last long.

Another nice very short drive if you're more up north is the Comenarra Parkway, but it's not the sort of road you can (or should) go full tilt on.

Hey Dale, we need some vid from the Grand Arch with RB exhausts and Xenons going thru there at 2Km/Hr. :thumbsup:

Yes, Bells Line of Road is great when Police aren't hiding in the bushes, laying in wait for cars coming down a steep hill 1.5 km east of Mt Tomah Gardens :whistling:

Aww, hell yeah Terry! And maybe a certain VQdet? (I've got Xenons too...):whistling: Lol, haven't taken the wagon out there since I did my Sway Bars; I hear a roadtrip calling...

Midweek is the best time for most of thses roads, shiftwork has some advantages; only takes a couple of nervous Nellies to turn a great road into a chore...

Just north of Newcastle past Raymond Terrace, Buckets Way through Gloucester, Walcha/Uralla. Then you're close enough to Armidale or Tamworth. Long drive. No traffic. Bendy bits and open bits :)

I don't like Old Pac. Too busy and not enough visibility.

Great drive, road has seen better days and make sure you fill up before starting got caught out with 95 only half way along. :spank: .

Galston Gorge; can continue on and go north through Arcadia to Berowra but can't take a car that's too low over the Berowra ferry. Galston Gorge is also better as a hillclimb with a car that has a shorter wheelbase - like a Clio Sport :) You get lots of nice exhaust echo off the walls.

M Coupe too...

but not...

EvoBus http://www.evobus.com/

or...

http://hornsby-advoc...-truck-trapped/

Has the fuel stop on the putty been fixed? If so you can easily do an old pac run, wollombi and putty then back via windsor or turn around and do it again provided you get fuel just before oph

The road into jenolan caves is good, about 40 mins from the end of bells line. Once it tightens up its not very fun since its narrow and lots of tour busses/slow pokes going both ways

Has the fuel stop on the putty been fixed? Nup > refill at Singleton

The road into jenolan caves is good, about 40 mins from the end of bells line. Once it tightens up its not very fun since its narrow and lots of tour busses/slow pokes going both ways

Buses and tourists go down the hill to Jenolan in the morning > come back up in the afternoon

Might be best to do that road really really early or around midday

...so you're right in considering that prospect!

Alright I'm in the area to do the Alpine way. (Kosciusko national park)

I'm thinking of going soon, but is it going to be ok for skylines? It's not snowing there yet, but does anyone know what time of year you need chains? Obviously I won't bother if chains are needed.

the 31 club did a decent cruise in january, start somewhere between newie and gosford, head down to goulburn, breakfast, up to oberon, lithgo for morning tea. up putty road to singleton for lunch, to kempsey for dinner (opyional) then head home. about a 8 hr drive and 1120kms.

the 31 club did a decent cruise in january, start somewhere between newie and gosford, head down to goulburn, breakfast, up to oberon, lithgo for morning tea. up putty road to singleton for lunch, to kempsey for dinner (opyional) then head home. about a 8 hr drive and 1120kms.

Wow! What time did you head off?

Any pics of the scenery/stops/cars?

• 2 weeks later...

I rang up thredbo, they reckon it's ok if the forecast looks good, but it's not worth the risk if you get it wrong.

And yes legally need chains if it does snow. You don't need to have them fitted but you need to have them in the boot or something to put them on when the snow does fall.

Alright I'm in the area to do the Alpine way. (Kosciusko national park)

I'm thinking of going soon, but is it going to be ok for skylines? It's not snowing there yet, but does anyone know what time of year you need chains? Obviously I won't bother if chains are needed.

This is why you need a GTR... AWD = no chains. :P