SAU Community

V35 Sedan

Hey guys, the mrs just picked up a 2002 V35 GT350 Sedan with the 8 Speed Automatic Gearbox.

Its currently on 79,000km and the transmission seems to be playing up somewhat.

She was driving it down the F3 in DRIVE and the car revved up to 7,000RPM like it was stuck in say 3rd gear. After turning the car off and back on the car would sit at 3000RPM at 110kmh instead of 2000RPM at 110kmh like it was previously.

After this there was no issues until today when I was driving the car and I was on the triptronic side of the gear box manually changing gears. I was in 4th gear doing approx 60-70kmh and the car started to change up and down gears on its own quite aggressively and the car was surging forward and down gearing harshly. I put the car in neutral and turned it off and it appeared to be behaving normally again.

Any ideas on whats causing this with the CVT-8 ?

Thanks in advance, Lepperfish. :thanks:

Well after doing some research around here, i found that the gear box oil is expensive and due at the 80,000km mark which is about due on this 2002 350GT8.

Also after reading a thread started by Dodes47 he ended up having a faulty speed sensor. Can anyone else suggest anything to me?

She got the car from a dealer in Newcastle last week (20/4/11). So we'll be taking it back to them to see if we can get them to fork out for the oil at least (Nissan part #KLE51-00004).

Thanks in advance, Lepperfish :ermm:

I doubt its the oil sounds like an electronic issue to me. Get it scanned. Obviously if theres no codes its best that its scanned when the problem is actually happening. So perhaps you could ring a local dealer / someone with GOOD scan tool and ask them if they could scan it when the fault actually occurs... if you can get it to there stealership when the issue arrises.

The fact that your turning the car off and its fine again when you restart says it all really.

It does sound similar to the last speed sensor one.....

Also theres a sticker under your bonnet which says to change the cvt oil at 100k.

Edited by austingtir

1900 for a speed sensor tell them straight up to stick that and go somewhere else. They are totally taking the piss. That must include the oil change.

Im sure the guy in the other speed sensor thread got if for less than 350 and even thats a rip.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE.

The car yard where the car was purchased from apparently had the the CVT oil and speed sensor replaced. Now the car is running worse then ever!!!

The car is being returned in the morning to the car yard for a full refund. They can go f**k themselves.

whats the bet they didnt put the correct oil for CVT, they probaby put in matic D or J.

it sucks this is happening a lot. when the CVT trasmission work, they work very well!

UPDATE.

The car yard where the car was purchased from apparently had the the CVT oil and speed sensor replaced. Now the car is running worse then ever!!!

The car is being returned in the morning to the car yard for a full refund. They can go f**k themselves.

Ouch :( Sorry to hear about that man. How exactly is it running worse? Is the original problem still there? ( shifts erratically etc?)

How much did it cost for the oil change? That's a good indicator on whether or not they put in the correct fluid.

EDIT: BTW, i found a place in china where you can source a speed sensor for $80 delivered. Ordered one just in case i need it in the future.

Edited by dodes47

Hey guys... Well they reckon they put in the correct CVT oil. At $120/Litre and a new speed sensor. The car just ran rougher and made weird noises.

My gf was driving down the F3 when the car make two massive BOOM noises and revved to the shithouse at redline.

Basically the guy at the car yard is a flamin mongrel. We took the car back today and they put it on the diagnostic tool at the above mentioned workshop and couldn't find any faults.

We gave the car back at a $1400 LOSS.. She bought the car for $14,000 and they kept 10% of the purchase price as stated in their dealer contract.

It f**king sucks but that car was seriously dangerous and my gf's safety comes first so we accepted back the $12,599. We will be pursuing the matter with department of fair trading as well.

The car yard was prepared to keep trying to find the error with the car IF she kept it. But now they are wholesaling and washing their hands of it as well. The consumer is basically f**kt in this instance.

Be care full out there guys.

Thanks to the peeps that helped as well.

Peace, Lepperfish :down: