SAU Community

Recognise This Plug?

levizzle

So I am still learning about all the things in my car that I have only bought recently. I found a random purple wire going the length of the car going into a loom in the boot and the other end goes into a plug in the kick panel. Who ever installed it is a bit of a nugget and looped it through the wireframe of the rear seat so now I cant pull the rear seat out. I took a pic can anyone recognise this plug?

post-63044-0-13120800-1303686315_thumb.jpg

i dont recognise the plug sorry, but it does look like its spliced into a 12v power feed (it common for them to be yellow). the only reasons i can think of as to why someone would want to run it to the boot would be for an amp or similar (gauge looks too small for that anyway) or to feed the fuel pump battery voltage to bypass the stock 2 stage voltage setup.

that is where the stock pump relay is located. any other signs of wiring around that area?

Thats the only wire, after coming from that plug it then passes through a fuse shown in the pic I just attached. I have never seen a fuse like that. I need to pull the boot interior out to see the other end but the furtherest I could get was to in between the rear tail lights and I think someone said the fuel fuse was there or something.

post-63044-0-95456900-1303909955_thumb.jpg

Thats the only wire, after coming from that plug it then passes through a fuse shown in the pic I just attached. I have never seen a fuse like that. I need to pull the boot interior out to see the other end but the furtherest I could get was to in between the rear tail lights and I think someone said the fuel fuse was there or something.

post-63044-0-95456900-1303909955_thumb.jpg

This is where it ends, pretty sure thats the fuel pump relay.

post-63044-0-99118200-1303981729_thumb.jpg

is it a gtr. if so its a cut Out 4 the all wheel drive pump. or buy supplying constant power it gives constant 4 wheel drive did the same on my Gtr